The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: End all ultra easy solution for the 8g crappy spare tire cover!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    works like a dream Thanks a lot DOHCstunr... and the cool part is got it for 2 bucks...
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    works like a dream Thanks a lot DOHCstunr... and the cool part is got it for 2 bucks...
    from?

local "you pick" yard called riverside salvage... i made friends with the guy so stuff like that he virtually gives me. i actually got the 2 grill pieces on my 02 from the same guy for the same price! if only i could find a tranny there!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

yea my old one died.... probably worse than seths. lol

good tip im gunna see if i can find one of these, sounds easier than cutting plywood.

If this definitely fits the 8g, I'll have to add this to my list of parts to pick up from the junk yard. Right now my spare tire cover is warped out of shape (probably left out by previous owner and then slapped back in).

picked one up for like $6 at the junkyard. works great

YAY no more old yogurts in the spare tire area
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Good find man. Ima have to swing by a junk yard now.

I just got one, i tore the carpet off of it at the yard(it smelled bad, and i was to cheap to pay for it hahaha) but it is 3cm wider than the stock 8g cover, so it come up alittle but not noticable. i payed 8.99 for mine since it had stowage the guy said, i got it off a 94 es.

Picked mine up for $12. Easiest mod ever!

Nice. Anyone know where i can order one online, brand new?

honestly with it being plastic i wouldnt worry about getting in new.

i was browsing the forum the last couple days and saw this thread and thought no big deal this would be cool to have. i went to pick n pull today and just happened to find it. i was getting other part for the g but what was awesome i found 3 or them! and that was just the 3 i looked in. all 3 i looked they had them hell there might br couple more. so i bought the best looking one.

I pulled a tray out of a 96 legacy outback not perfect but haven't found one of these YET
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

I've been contemplating getting this new for a while. I wonder if it's still available through the dealer. Does anyone have the part# of this? OP, I think it's at the bottom of the plastic that is in your picture, but I'm not sure. Do you mind having a look and letting me know please?

You can also use a stock 15 in steely if you still have them. Both my cars are now like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12