The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EGR Valve

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

EGR Valve

I have about had it with it....i think its fixed an the light pops up, what is the proper way to clean a EGR Valve? Cause this is getting on my nerves...an when i first start my car in the morning's it makes a bad noise like exhaust hitting maybe a clogged cat, idk

Anyone in the Louisiana area to come help me fix a few things? Cause there is only one galant owner in Shreveport other than i that actually care about it an he is a ass

Thanks,
    Whit
    03 GTZ Grocery Getter

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    not sure if the EGR valve is the same between the I4 & V6 but if so when you take it apart clean out all the holes...Could have a build up of carbon and make sure the valve moves freely if it doesn't then i suggest getting a new EGR valve...Currently having the same problem
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

well i took it off an cleaned it...now just gotta wait to see if it throws the code again....you wouldn't believe me if i told you how much carbon was in there 0_o
    03 GTZ Grocery Getter

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    mine was so bad even after sand blasting the holes & using solvent it wouldnt work which is why i got a new one...gonna install it 2day
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT