The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I'm in need of some assistance....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    just thinking more about this now, what are you going to do suspension wise just raise the car a bit? or are you going to cut out the lower area of the rear 1/4 panels and the lower area of the front fenders for added clearance?
    Well, I'm gonna cut the lower area of the front fender out to be flush with the top edge of the flare, and then the rear I'll have a local body shop I trust cut and well together so it doesn't lose it's rigidity, kind of like what the evo guys with the voltex widebody do, as for the flare covering the door, I'll most likely cut the flare into 2 pieces and then attach the smaller piece to the door. I will likely raise the car another 1/4 inch up front though, I've been wanting more travel up front lately. I'll keep you guys posted and I'll take lots of pics. I just need to get some spacers so I can figure out what kind of offsets I wanna run.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Well, I'm gonna cut the lower area of the front fender out to be flush with the top edge of the flare, and then the rear I'll have a local body shop I trust cut and well together so it doesn't lose it's rigidity, kind of like what the evo guys with the voltex widebody do, as for the flare covering the door, I'll most likely cut the flare into 2 pieces and then attach the smaller piece to the door. I will likely raise the car another 1/4 inch up front though, I've been wanting more travel up front lately. I'll keep you guys posted and I'll take lots of pics. I just need to get some spacers so I can figure out what kind of offsets I wanna run.
    I told you eariler, just find a set of cheap used Mustang GT wheels 94-04, the hubbore is larger than ours, the bolt pattern is the same, and the wheels run a +20 to +25mm offset. Just what you are looking at. Not to mention you've seen me test fit 20x8.5 and 19x8 +25mm wheels here on TGC.

^I guess, but I don't wanna just buy wheels that I don't want to run permanently
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ^I guess, but I don't wanna just buy wheels that I don't want to run permanently
    Buy them, test fit, then sell them for the same or similar money. I bought two JUST to test fit. Shop wheel websites, find something on clearance for cheap (that is what I did).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12