The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: decision and discuss about vr4 into 7g

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

decision and discuss about vr4 into 7g

so there is this doner 91 vr4.
    If I want to swap just the engine into a 7g, What will it takes?
    possiblly street legal?

Also, I have a 7g 5 speed swap done. Will that fit also?

I though about keeping the vr4 but it was involving in a rear end collision and it will take a lot of $. So please do tell.

Thanks
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

Search button lol.

if you know anything about the vr-4 it is a 4g64 engine. your trans bolts to the engine and it fits in the car fine. all you got to do is rewire for the ecu of choice and adding all the stuff the trubo motor needs.

search for and 4g63 swap thread

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

the VR4 isnt a 4g64 its a 6 bolt 4g63t. It does fit however if you have a 5 speed swap on your '64 you'll need to swap the trans as well because of the flywheel. 6 bolt doesnt = 7 bolt. So simple answer is yes it will fit, but you have to do a little work at it.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

yeah, i was thinking of that too. When I look into it 91 vr4 has a 4g63 engine with obd-1 set up. So therefore i have to use a 4g63 trans?

and it is pretty much simular to of a 4g63 swap then?
    Last edited by kamenfaiz; 05-01-2010 at 11:26 AM
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    the VR4 isnt a 4g64 its a 6 bolt 4g63t. It does fit however if you have a 5 speed swap on your '64 you'll need to swap the trans as well because of the flywheel. 6 bolt doesnt = 7 bolt. So simple answer is yes it will fit, but you have to do a little work at it.
    excuse me i meant 4g63 just as a wrote later in the post. i'm just so used to talking about the 4g64 T the 63 is old news lol

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Check the project section there are people that have done this.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no. Please dont give this guy incorrect information. The transmission from a vr4 in america is the 1g style transmission. It mounts differently first of all and second it doesnt have a electronic speed sensor. You do not have to switch transmissions when you go from 7 bolt to 6 bolt. The flywheels are exactly the same execpt for the bolt pattern. Same size, thickness, teeth and all that BS. Trust me, ive had both side by side with and there isnt a difference. All you need is a 6 bolt flywheel for the FWD 1g and you will be fine unless youre AWD and then youll need an AWD flywheel.