The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: diffrences in lsd

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

diffrences in lsd

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is diff. between the manual and automatic rear diff. since im going awd and have a rear setup complete but dont know if i can use it

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    The gear ratios on the 2g DSM rear differential is different from automatic cars to manual trans cars. The gear ratio in the automatic rear diff is the same ratio as the EVO8, so thats the one you need. The manual one is a different ratio and wont work properly, the front wheels and rear wheels would be spinning at different speeds, you would end up breaking parts and the car would drive like crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

okay so I was able to strip a 95 gsx auto w/lsd so that is exactly what i nedd to do the awd swap I know you have the evo front and cali has the awd rear and i will soon have both so i cant spend money and do this twice

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yes. I actually have both as well. I have all the AWD swap parts sitting in a shed, but I want to see what the car will do FWD with slicks first.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS