The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: has anyone megasquirted an 8g?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

has anyone megasquirted an 8g?

hey im about to install this on my 8g turbo galant was wondering if anyone has tried this already? If so any input would be appreiciated thnx.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

there are so many other better options available....
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

I know i wanted to just go with the evo ecu but the only cables we have for tuning are kwp 2000 and the serial cables for megasquirt and we already had another megasquirt. Unless you know of a way to get the files for the kwp cause i dont have any.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

Quote Originally Posted by reiketsutsukigami View Post
    hey im about to install this on my 8g turbo galant was wondering if anyone has tried this already? If so any input would be appreiciated thnx.
    Quick question. How much PSI are you running with the Auto Trans? Is the Trans stock or you replaced any parts?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i hate megasquirt.. my buddy had it in his built merkur but it never ran righ and ultimately led to him selling a 500hp car for next to nothing as it wasnt running
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

im running on megasquirt no problems easy setup and a major plus if your doing a wire tuck considering its like 15 wires lol my car runs perfect only problem is finding someone to tune it on the east coast not many shops do

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i hate megasquirt.. my buddy had it in his built merkur but it never ran righ and ultimately led to him selling a 500hp car for next to nothing as it wasnt running
    XR4-TI ftw !

Quote Originally Posted by ESR2005 View Post
    im running on megasquirt no problems easy setup and a major plus if your doing a wire tuck considering its like 15 wires lol my car runs perfect only problem is finding someone to tune it on the east coast not many shops do
    holy hell, please explain why its alot less that oem wires...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

i think he has a lesser one mine has like 40-60 wires. and our megasquirt wasnt that great either i dont reccomend it i ended up going with the evo 8 ecu and an open port cable and isuario im running about 16-20 psi with stock trans and it isnt giving me any problem shifts hard and fast and at perfect time im still gonna manual swap it sooner or later but its running great on any amount of boost i throw at it dunno if i got a good one or what but its holdin up.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf