The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any input on a good F+R BBK?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    TGC Regular

Any input on a good F+R BBK?

Looking to upgrade to a BBK in the front and rear, but don't want to go with the EVO setup up due to lack of wheels I could use afterwards. It's not too many kits that I've found that upgrade the front and rear. And the kits that do are costing a GRIP!! I did see the AEM front and rear (rotor only) kit, but I don't think it's made any more or maybe it's made by another company now.(Powerslot?) But even if I could find it, I'll still need calipers....and I wanted a 4 pot up front, and maybe a 2 pot in rear (at least). I'm wondering if kits can be order in pieces? You know...order rotors from one manufacturer and calipers from another? Other than that, I think I may have to just order one of the front only kits, and then have my stock rear calipers powdercoated to match. You guys got any input? And remember I'm not trying to break the bank. Trying to get out for $1500 or less, but it's looking like a minimum for $2000 right now.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    brembo are probably your best option due to the price and availability. I understand that the brembos dont allow us to use a large amount of wheels but other BBK kits might have larger calipers than the brembos.

I would go with Evo, I found a set for 600 shipped from evom and then get some nice enkeis or something. I believe RM-05 with +35 will fit and they look sweet.

you can get a used set of evo brembos, new rotors, pads, ss lines, AND freshly powdercoated for about 1-1.2k
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

they have the big rotor kits made by powerslot for Eclipses. Thats what I'm using. Uses the stock calipers and has brackets to space out the calipers so you can put bigger rotors.

TGC Regular
    I wanted to use larger diameter rotors and 4 piston calipers up front and 2 piston calipers in the rear. I'm looking to upgrade from my current 17's to 18's or 20's, but want the newer style wheels with a deep lip (at least 2.5 inches). My fear is that the spokes of the wheels won't clear the EVO calipers, mainly up front due to the size of them. Looks like I'll have to get the wheels first and test fit them on one of my friends' Galant that has the Evo's Brembos already. I hate to have to do this cause that means I'll be stuck with the wheels whether they clear them or not. If they don't clear the Brembos, then I'll have to continue my search for a BBK that will work. Looks like I'll have to decide which option is more important to me. Either the look of a deep look wheel or the look of a BBK. Damn it, Man!!

You'll most likely end up with having to go with a wheel that will fit the brakes if you want to go BBK. I'm guessing other BBK's will need larger wheels and certain offsets to fit as well. It's a tough decision you have to make. But it's all about getting what you REALLY want.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

well, you can get wheels with a big lip and still clear brembos, talk to 2kgalant, he has brembos and big lips on his SSRs . K-sport and D-2 make bbks, but they are also bigger than brembos, baer makes one as well I believe
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    well, you can get wheels with a big lip and still clear brembos, talk to 2kgalant, he has brembos and big lips on his SSRs . K-sport and D-2 make bbks, but they are also bigger than brembos, baer makes one as well I believe
    I've looked up many of the aftermarket BBK's, and not too many make a matched front and rear kit. And for the ones that do, they are expensive as Hell. I checked K-Sport and Baer, and they don't make a rear kit for the Eclipse/Eclipse platform. I've hit up one company that makes an adapter bracket for the DSM's to use 3KGT VR4 calipers, and asked them to make one for the 3G/8G platform. They say they are going to look into it when time permits. So maybe that'll be the way to go...if they ever do it. I'll email them to see if they've started yet.

TGC Regular
    Oh yeah, I do remember seeing him selling that set up a couple of months ago for that amazing low price but didn't, and still don't, have the money to spend on them right now. Especially to have them sitting in storage until the rest of the car was finished. Actually, seeing that post is what started me searching for a kit that would be around that price when I got to that stage in the game to purchase it. I don't know if it's been sold by now....if not, I'm sure it will be by time I'm ready to get it. If my mofo job hadn't cut out OT like a ninja assassin on crank, I'd have the extra loot to snap it up.

But from reading that post again, I see he says that kit will fit the 4G/9G platform as well. I wonder does that mean other companies' kits that are listed only for the 4G will bolt up to our cars too?

ENDLESS makes a compact 4 piston caliper.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    ENDLESS makes a compact 4 piston caliper.
    AND a 6-pot mini system also.