The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cabin air filter - '06

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Cabin air filter - '06

Where is the cabin air filter in a '06 Mitsubishi Galant? I have checked with the dealer, and they said I can install one without the need to buying a kit/housing. I don't see it behind the glove box. And I have also removed the cover of the area right behing the wiper blades. And nothing.

u have to remove the glove compartment and cover inside....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

I have already done that. And after removing those parts I can see the blower motor. But I don't see an area where I can put an air filter.

Thanks,

trying to find my pictures... this should get u an idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY4MsDlepP8
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

My car doesn't have that door with the 2 screws.

Thank you,

dude i'll help you out:

u need IMG tags before and after the picture for it to show up here.
    Code:
    [IMG]URL[/IMG]
    and it appears you do not have a cabin filter. maybe your car was not equipped?

well u r persistent.

Leonue... Cut out the rectangle under the >____< / ___ number cleanly with a box cutter or some type of razor.. Be prepared its not like cutting cardboard ur hands will slip and a knuckle or two will be scraped by the end unless you have some samurai razor blade in ur arsenal.

Once you cut that out the CAF just slips right in and when u order it it comes with a black clip to cover and hold the CAF in. The piece when i ordered here in Charlotte NC Mitsu Dealer was around $35 U.S. plus tax i think

So again the CAF (kit if you will) comes with the filter and black clip which fits the newly cut out hole.
    Patrick
    2009 Galant Ralliart Black
    http://www.pwdphotography.com

Sorry for posting too many pictures. I was trying to upload them from work network. And I forgot that imageshack is blocked. So I couldn't see any pictures.

And thanks a lot Patrick!!!