The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: History Of TGC

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 123
    ty you again for input,

To: All TGC Moderator,, plz dont take this normal post,, i want this to stay up for all the newbie,, so they can learn a History Lesson On TGC

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

I started the Ct chapter in May...i think...last year, so we are fairly new

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

TGC Regular
    well, i joined back in August 24th of 2002. so it hasn't been that long but i still have seen some things change. i remember one of the first posts i read was by idk, i cant remember, but they said they hit a viper and it turned out to be in gta3

tgc is just my home. its like the first site i check when im online. i found it while searching for pics of modded galants when i first bought mine. if i never bought the galant i would have bought an accord. i wanted to paint it two different colors of green RICE! :x

i wish i could start a chapter but with electricjoe being the only tgc member from wisconsin that i know of thats not gonna happen.

thanks for doing such a great job BGR and all you other mods who make this such a great place!

I started comming to the sit arround the end of 2002 and officially joined the boards on Jan 1, 2003 I originally had rice ideas for my car but this place has made me learn! I LOVE TGC!! Great Family! I am glad i had found this place!

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proud Galant Driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>i wish i could start a chapter but with electricjoe being the only tgc member from wisconsin that i know of thats not gonna happen.</div>

Hey sure it could! It might be unofficial but as long as it's TGC Cheese Chapter we'd love to have you Course you'd have to pay royalties to BGR for using the TGC name and all but I think it'd still be worth it
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proud Galant Driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>i wish i could start a chapter but with electricjoe being the only tgc member from wisconsin that i know of thats not gonna happen.</div>

Hey sure it could! It might be unofficial but as long as it's TGC Cheese Chapter we'd love to have you Course you'd have to pay royalties to BGR for using the TGC name and all but I think it'd still be worth it </div>

do u guys really pay him royalties?

Tiptronic
    some of us (hopefully more than before) give donations to rich so that he can maintain this site. the only real thing that you have to do is ask first. let rich know what you want to do, and he'll say yes or no. simple

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proud Galant Driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>do u guys really pay him royalties?</div>

ROFL no, he's a generous guy. Really nice person if you ever meet him Just don't make fun of his shades, or else you'll never see ever again.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

i may not have a lot of posts but i've known tgc (aka BigRich's 2K Galant Center) since 12/17/1999 a week after i got my 00 Galant.

if any of you are interested, the old yahoo board is still archived at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bigrichs2kgalantcenter

that's where i found out about the exact date i joined tgc. my yahoo id back then was "dyaey" (jay).

here's bgr's very first post on the yahoo board:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello and welcome to my Galant Center. I own a 2K Galant V6 ES. At this current time I do not have any pics of my car but will post them as soon as I take some. So far I have posted some of my favorite pics of the New Galant that I've found on the Net. These pics are from other countries, like Japan, UK, S. America and New Zealand. I also posted some pics of my Car, courtesy of Mitsucars.com and Adobe Photoshop. (I own a Patriot-Red Galant so this is what my car looks like) with different sets of wheels so I can see what my car will look like once I buy some 18" rims and drop it a little. So, feel free to post messages about your Galant or if you have questions about the Galant, post them here. I'm also currently in contact with another Country in hopes of getting the front facia of their countries Galant and having it put on mine. I'll post my upgrades but will probably take some time considering I ain't made of money.</div>
    <a href="http://jayd.net" target="_blank">Ride With Me Home</a>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djScript)</div><div class='quotemain'>i may not have a lot of posts but i've known tgc (aka BigRich's 2K Galant Center) since 12/17/1999 a week after i got my 00 Galant.

if any of you are interested, the old yahoo board is still archived at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bigrichs2kgalantcenter

that's where i found out about the exact date i joined tgc. my yahoo id back then was "dyaey" (jay).

here's bgr's very first post on the yahoo board:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello and welcome to my Galant Center. I own a 2K Galant V6 ES. At this current time I do not have any pics of my car but will post them as soon as I take some. So far I have posted some of my favorite pics of the New Galant that I've found on the Net. These pics are from other countries, like Japan, UK, S. America and New Zealand. I also posted some pics of my Car, courtesy of Mitsucars.com and Adobe Photoshop. (I own a Patriot-Red Galant so this is what my car looks like) with different sets of wheels so I can see what my car will look like once I buy some 18" rims and drop it a little. So, feel free to post messages about your Galant or if you have questions about the Galant, post them here. I'm also currently in contact with another Country in hopes of getting the front facia of their countries Galant and having it put on mine. I'll post my upgrades but will probably take some time considering I ain't made of money.</div></div>

ty djscript,, for your info,, any more INFO,,,,,any good stories that you know

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    are you writing a paper on TGC KhO? :lauging:
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>are you writing a paper on TGC KhO? :lauging:</div>

damn,, i dint want you people knowing that,, it was suppost to be a secret,, yea i am on my History Class.. i thought history of NAzi was pretty boring so i picked this :lauging::lauging:

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    nice
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>are you writing a paper on TGC KhO? :lauging:</div>

damn,, i dint want you people knowing that,, it was suppost to be a secret,, yea i am on my History Class.. i thought history of NAzi was pretty boring so i picked this :lauging::lauging:</div>

Awesome!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bstnsportsfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>:scary: Dam reelax, i can't believe you didn't mention me. I have been around on the TGC board since May 01, long before most members. I was a member on the yahoo board, I believe back in April 01. Â*

I remember the big topic in the 7G board was white faced gauges, :laughing: Not indiglo, but just white Vinyl. Geez, TGC has come a long way. We have had our problems though, I remember in a few month span, we had like 3 seperate boards.

I don't remember exactly when I became a Mod, but it was on the first board, maybe around spring 02? I think I was part of the "second batch" to be moved to mod status.

And I found TGC by finding Chris' (GalantESP) website, I emailed him to say nice Galant and he responded by telling me about the Yahoo club, joined that, then moved to TGC in May 01.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>thank you BGR and everyone that gave what they did. </div>

Well said Reelax!</div>

sorry bro, my mind is going to mush... i'll let u know next time im in miami and buy u a drink! are u 21 yet partner? actually i'll b in hollywood around august for a week. we're throwin a convention and parties at the westin advocate.

Tiptronic
    hope that history paper goes well

Hmm I think I joined the Yahoo group like March 2000 .... but I'm proud to say I was Member # 3 on our first Real www.thegalantcenter.com Board !!! ( BGR was # 2 LOL ) ..

I also contributed to BGR choosing THEgalantcenter as the name, since I stole Galantcenter.com URL when places like Namezero and others were offering free names. hehehe sorry about that !!

ewgiii
    hey, i'm 16 and cant drive that far for meets, and i see alot of galants around. Lately i've been seeing more and more g-rides on chrome and with systems. I was wondering if anyone on here had a city-wide chapter. i would be interesting in starting a Greensboro, NC Chapter. It would/could include the piedmont area (Greensboro, Highpoint, Winston-Salem) but either way, it would only get us more members here and in the Carolina Chapter. Speaking of that, i put in a request to be admitted to the Carolina Chapter a while back and never got my info up..... anyway, let me knoe what u guys think about this idea. There's gotta be someone out here!!!

i remember those times..... the only jdm 7g galant i know back in those days was mitsupiet.

almost everybody in tgc long ago either have a very nice usdm 7g or usdm 8g.

the V6 6A12s or V6 6A13s and jdm garnishes and oem bodykits were a rare sight.

now, i see members from asia and europe with similar galants.
    i love the diversity of tgc.

more boost to bgr and tgc!

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I was the one who started the Bay Area Chapter. Â*If I remeber right it was us and a couple of other chapters that started at the same time. Â*You will have to to get with Rich on that one. Â*It started with Me, Whips-n-chains and BGR. Â*Then came along Nick (<span style='color:red'>300Dragonle</span>). Â*At one time we had like 40 members then it went all the way down to 5. Â*Where at 20 the last time I looked.

Jason</div>

One of these days, you gotta get my SN straight Bro...it's dragon300le

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast