The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: History Of TGC

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 123
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dragon300le)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I was the one who started the Bay Area Chapter. Â*If I remeber right it was us and a couple of other chapters that started at the same time. Â*You will have to to get with Rich on that one. Â*It started with Me, Whips-n-chains and BGR. Â*Then came along Nick (<span style='color:red'>300Dragonle</span>). Â*At one time we had like 40 members then it went all the way down to 5. Â*Where at 20 the last time I looked.

Jason</div>

One of these days, you gotta get my SN straight Bro...it's dragon300le</div>

You know me Nick. I still remeber when I was building you page on the chapter site. I had to spell you s/n name like 20 times before I got it straight. What I am thinking of doing is placing a post it on my forehead and write Dragon300le like 500 times on the chalk board at school.
    At least I got the "le" right and not "el".

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Tiller
    i got my Galant on July 3rd '02, and found this site through an internet search... of course it was on a different board at that time...

I was public enemy number one for awhile cause i had an Si, and everyone here would bash Honda's, especially Civics, and i took offense to it, that all Civics were rice... :x

then there was the whole breakdonw with Clay and BGR, and some other dude, that turned into a big power struggle, so Clay and the other dude, started their own site, that gets little to no traffic...

i hate when people make promises they can't keep... ya know...?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>then there was the whole breakdonw with Clay and BGR, and some other dude, that turned into a big power struggle, so Clay and the other dude, started their own site, that gets little to no traffic... Â* </div>
    ty for all the info people,, well my fucking teacher said Hooking Up Import car is hot good history paper,, well so i had to do paper on Nazi Hitler,,,,,

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Senior TGC Member
    Well then your teacher is biased. We had a student turn in a 7 page history paper on BMW in our European History class and he received the highest marks. You must still be in the public education system.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

poloprincess
    WOW yeah I remember back in the Yahoo days. I also remember the Meet at Road Race that Reelax is talking about. I think I was member #7 on the old TGC forum. hahahahahaha...... Man doesnt it seem like its been FOREVER!! I have met Rich, Reelax, DjPlay, GalantESP, Gober26 I think it was. I remember when there was nothing for our cars! Times they have a changed!

I stumbled across the TGC site around July 2002 when my wife bought her galant in June 2002 i was searching the internet for parts and performance when i found this site and my memory serves the correct the board was mention a few time on another board im still a member of which is The mirage performance board i was a member and still am even though we sold the Mirage just after getting the Galant and have been on this board since and love it to death.

http://www.boostaholic.net/phpBB2/index.ph...8f9d51ff2e0404d
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

toc8g
    Damn! :shock: My first post in Big Riches Yahoo Club was post #456 and I joined yahoo in 4/25/2000, I was number 59 to join,.... it seems just like yesterday!!! I was reading some of my old post and damn I was embarassed, I sounded like some newbie!!!!!

Date: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:39 pm
    Subject: New To the group

Okay.. I recently returned to the world of Galant from my 96 Turbo
    Eclipse..
    I have a 2002 ES and just put some 18" wheels on it. The gap in the
    front is too big.. I need springs..I HAVE read thru the archives and
    searched..
    I need WEBSITES or links for lowering springs for the Galant with
    good prices..
    Any help is greatly appreciated..
    ChromeGalant
    What a dumb ass newbie! Do a search!
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Tiptronic
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    Date: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:39 pm
    Subject: New To the group

Okay.. I recently returned to the world of Galant from my 96 Turbo
    Eclipse..
    I have a 2002 ES and just put some 18" wheels on it. The gap in the
    front is too big.. I need springs..I HAVE read thru the archives and
    searched..
    I need WEBSITES or links for lowering springs for the Galant with
    good prices..
    Any help is greatly appreciated..
    ChromeGalant
    What a dumb ass newbie! Do a search!
    if you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at. thats priceless

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toc8g
    Damn! :shock: My first post in Big Riches Yahoo Club was post #456 and I joined yahoo in 4/25/2000, I was number 59 to join,.... it seems just like yesterday!!! I was reading some of my old post and damn I was embarassed, I sounded like some newbie!!!!!
    Well how do you think I feel? I just reread some of my posts from yesterday and I sound like some newbie
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

here is my first post

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:56 am
    Post subject: removing name and deler tag from back of galant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got question if i removed the name and deler tag from back of my galant would the color will come off with it. and i need to know what is the best
    way to remove it

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

October 2001 for me. I got my car in January 2000 and ran across the Yahoo board while I was searching the internet for an ignition upgrade. I had an intake and was desparately looking for parts. I found Chris at GDI first and he sent me over to Yahoo. Then I found the fountain of knowledge. :laughing: I just found one of my first posts....Famous last words.

"If anyone else is thinking of upgrading, www.apexperformance.com sells magnecor wires straight from the factory for 15% off Magnecore's list prices. Can't wait to get 'em. Can't imagine what could be so hard about
    installation, theyre just spark plug wires. Thanks again for the help."
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I got my '99 in May of '99 and joined the Yahoo board Dec. 9th 2000. My original plans for the Galant was to pimp it out with chrome rims and tint, but TGC definitely changed that.

Here is my first ever post on the Yahoo board:

Post# 1646
    Date: Mon Dec 11, 2000 6:48 am
    Subject: Crux body kit for Galant?

I'm looking for a body kit for my '99 Galant. The
    only one is the one Erebuni sells. But, I found a nice
    kit for a Legnum VR4 by Crux at http://www.takakaira.com/php/template.php3...p3?id=482&cat=1

Damn I found my first post.......

Date: Wed May 23, 2001 12:41 am
    Subject: Need help for a 2001 Galant ES

I just purchased a 2001 Galant and I am ready for
    the next move in aftermarket parts but I do not know
    what I should do next. So I am hoping that joining
    this club with all the experince you guys seem to
    posses I need your suggestions. I have installed a
    custom FlowMaster Exhaust and tinted the windows as well
    as installed a Kenwood deck with two 12" Rockford
    speakers and amp. But know I am ready to lower it and buy
    rims. Eibachi and Progressive which do you suggest and
    after lowering it will 18" rims still fit our should I
    stick with 17's. Also could anyone tell me if the
    aftermarket parts for the 2000 will fit the 2001. I am
    getting mixed messages about that. I will appriciate any
    help. And could anyone please tell me if there are sway
    bars for the
    Galant.

Jason
    outlawzcc@h...
    Talk about a newbie question. Will 2000 parts fit a 2001. I could have slapped myself with the response from the "Galant Gods"

"Do a search you newbie TOPIC CLOSED"

Jason

TGC Regular
    After searching for my first post, I found finally found it! I know I found the BigRichs2Kgalantcenter a few days before I posted. Ah-ha! I joined the club on 5/17/01! I found BGR's yahoo site because I found Chris (GalantESP for newbies ), I emailed him and he told me bout the yahoo site. Heres my post:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: Fri May 18, 2001 12:22 am
    Subject: Re: bodykit for galant?

Hey check out www.groundeffects.com. They have them there, they will run about
    $1071. I want to buy one for my 98 galant, but dont have that money to spend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Almost 2 years later still no body kit There were not many 7G owners at the time! If you look, CrazyC, "ooreelaxoo" (its better now with just Reelax), The One Chameleon (another one shorterned TOC), poloprincess (Maria), Rican219, DangerJ (dave) and several other members were 8g owners. :laughing: I am reading some of my posts...I was a Newbie :laughing: !!!!
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

And guess who was first to help out the newbie but good ol reelax with all kinds of answers 8) . Good looking out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>From: Â*ooreelaxoo Â*
    Date: Â*Wed May 23, 2001 Â*1:37 am
    Subject: Â*Re: Need help for a 2001 Galant ES

Â*
    Â*

look in the albums for ideas. 18's fit for sure
    since many members are running them. there are no
    differences between the 2000-2001 models. all 99+ galants use
    the same wheel and tire
    fitaments also in addition to the lowering springs you
    mentioned, there are 2 available adustable perch spring sets
    from http://www.ground-control.com and http://www.weaponr.com(dual
    spring setthe sway bars for the
    galant are exactly the same as the 3g eclipse. you can
    get those here although they recommend that you only
    get the
    rearhttp://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g.htm Â*
    </div>

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    My first post wasnt until the board after the yahoo group.. never really posted just took down notes and stuff... Ahh, this whole thing just brings a tear to my eye..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>And guess who was first to help out the newbie but good ol reelax with all kinds of answers 8) . Â*Good looking out. Â*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>From: Â*ooreelaxoo Â*
    Date: Â*Wed May 23, 2001 Â*1:37 am
    Subject: Â*Re: Need help for a 2001 Galant ES

Â*
    Â*

look in the albums for ideas. 18's fit for sure
    since many members are running them. there are no
    differences between the 2000-2001 models. all 99+ galants use
    the same wheel and tire
    fitaments also in addition to the lowering springs you
    mentioned, there are 2 available adustable perch spring sets
    from http://www.ground-control.com and http://www.weaponr.com(dual
    spring setthe sway bars for the
    galant are exactly the same as the 3g eclipse. you can
    get those here although they recommend that you only
    get the
    rearhttp://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g.htm Â*
    </div></div>

wow. it almosts sounds like i knew what i was talking about. i was just remembering... do you guys remember when i posted that i didn't even have a galant and i was just BSing everybody. some of you guys didn't see the sarcasm and jumped on me for it, then others were like "he's just pulling your legs since he always sounds like he knows what he is saying!". tell you the truth im still learning just from reading the questions people ask... makes me wanna do more research. 3 years of TGC has given me a headful of useless knowledge i guess. im glad that you guys have made this place like family.

shit my first post was....

Hi i have a 1995 Galant I got it 3 years ago and it needs a tranny....any ideas on companies that make a stronger one?!?

and then there was allan pointing me towards level10

ewgiii
    Here's mine. Still wish i had the cash to fit 20s on it.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, i just got a silver 2002 ES. Â*I know nothing about customizing it. Â*I want to black out the windows, add a spoiler, new head and tail lights, 20 inch wheels, and anything else that will look good. Â*I wanted to ask other Galant owners what they thought looked best on a silver galant. Â*Any suggestions :?:</div>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast