The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: History Of TGC

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 123
    luxcrusr2000
    Damn, I just found my first post, at least it wasn't THAT much of a newbie question...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Posted by: luxcrusr2000
    Date: Wed Sept. 11, 2002 09:44 pm
    Subject: Breaking hubcaps, anyone have this problem?

Hey all, I have a 2000 ES with the stock steel rims and hubcaps. They look OK but the retainer clips on these things keep breaking, and in the past 6 months I've had to replace two of them. Â*:x Â*I don't think there's a way to prevent this, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Â*:?</div>

I have no idea what my first post was. It was in the older black forums, around November of 2000 I think...

But I am member #585

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

wow found my first post!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>From: Â*ooreelaxoo Â*
    Date: Â*Mon Feb 12, 2001 Â*5:03 pm
    Subject: Â*cold air intake

Â*
    Â*

I haven't seen anyone else do this but the guy at
    my dealership told me that the injen cold air intake
    for the eclipse v6 3g gt (same engine as galant v6)
    fits on the galant. so the dealership installed it for
    me (saves the warranty because they did it) removes
    the entire air box and ram unit the big k&n filter
    sits behind the left side foglight in front of the
    tire! with the car lowered 2", sits very low to the
    ground just behind the side of the bumper. if you live
    in regions w/ bad weather you probably dont want
    this. cost me around $250. it sounds great especially
    above 5000 rpm (screams).

ive done some work on
    the galant since i got it in '99. an early shoot is
    in the club albums. Â*
    </div>

i'm pretty sure i had the first CAI in a US 8G since this part just came out at the time! it was the INJEN 1st gen 1 piece cold air predating the AEM CAI. i replaced it when the battery post rubbed a hole in the side in a year. damn that seems like so long ago.

TGC Regular
    i think this is mine,,,im not sure though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proud Galant Driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have a 1992 galant. i was wondering what would be the best replacement engine. i was think an eclipse gsx. Â*i forget the year but it has a 2.0, dual overhead cam, and turbo. would this be a good choice? is there a bigger engine i could fit in it? maybe a 2.3. so i guess my question is, should i just go with the eclipse engine or is there another eclipse or another car with a bigger engine that has dull overhead cam and is turbo?

thanks</div>

haha, i gave up that idea a long time ago

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>From: "chromegalant" <mistertmac@y...> Â*
    Date: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:39 pm Â*
    Subject: New To the group Â*

Okay.. I recently returned to the world of Galant from my 96 Turbo Â*
    Eclipse.. Â*
    I have a 2002 ES and just put some 18" wheels on it. The gap in the Â*
    front is too big.. I need springs..I HAVE read thru the archives and Â*
    searched.. Â*
    I need WEBSITES or links for lowering springs for the Galant with Â*
    good prices.. Â*
    Any help is greatly appreciated.. Â*
    ChromeGalant Â*
    </div>

Do a search dumbass... TOPIC CLOSED! :?
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

BEAST
    I'm with shane. I joined on TGC on the board that was right after the yahoo board. I have no idea of the exact date or first post but that would be cool to find out. Is there any way to pull up that board?

I'm the original board (not yahoo, the black and red board) member # 1141....wow seems like so long ago, if i asked the questions now that i did then, i'll prolly kick myself

Jumara@DNA Racing
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>And guess who was first to help out the newbie but good ol reelax with all kinds of answers 8) . Â*Good looking out. Â*

Date: Â*Wed May 23, 2001 Â*1:37 am
    Subject: Â*Re: Need help for a 2001 Galant ES

Â*
    Â*

look in the albums for ideas. 18's fit for sure
    since many members are running them. there are no
    differences between the 2000-2001 models. all 99+ galants use
    the same wheel and tire
    fitaments also in addition to the lowering springs you
    mentioned, there are 2 available adustable perch spring sets
    from http://www.ground-control.com and http://www.weaponr.com(dual
    spring setthe sway bars for the
    galant are exactly the same as the 3g eclipse. you can
    get those here although they recommend that you only
    get the
    rearhttp://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g.htm Â*
    </div></div>

wow. it almosts sounds like i knew what i was talking about. i was just remembering... do you guys remember when i posted that i didn't even have a galant and i was just BSing everybody. some of you guys didn't see the sarcasm and jumped on me for it, then others were like "he's just pulling your legs since he always sounds like he knows what he is saying!". tell you the truth im still learning just from reading the questions people ask... makes me wanna do more research. 3 years of TGC has given me a headful of useless knowledge i guess. im glad that you guys have made this place like family.</div>

So you where the one giving my hubby all this crazy info

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumara@DNA Racing)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>And guess who was first to help out the newbie but good ol reelax with all kinds of answers 8) . Â*Good looking out. Â*

Date: Â*Wed May 23, 2001 Â*1:37 am
    Subject: Â*Re: Need help for a 2001 Galant ES

Â*
    Â*

look in the albums for ideas. 18's fit for sure
    since many members are running them. there are no
    differences between the 2000-2001 models. all 99+ galants use
    the same wheel and tire
    fitaments also in addition to the lowering springs you
    mentioned, there are 2 available adustable perch spring sets
    from http://www.ground-control.com and http://www.weaponr.com(dual
    spring setthe sway bars for the
    galant are exactly the same as the 3g eclipse. you can
    get those here although they recommend that you only
    get the
    rearhttp://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g.htm Â*
    </div></div>

wow. it almosts sounds like i knew what i was talking about. i was just remembering... do you guys remember when i posted that i didn't even have a galant and i was just BSing everybody. some of you guys didn't see the sarcasm and jumped on me for it, then others were like "he's just pulling your legs since he always sounds like he knows what he is saying!". tell you the truth im still learning just from reading the questions people ask... makes me wanna do more research. 3 years of TGC has given me a headful of useless knowledge i guess. im glad that you guys have made this place like family.</div>

So you where the one giving my hubby all this crazy info </div>

yes, i am guilty. sorry for any budgeting problems i may have casued.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm with shane. Â*I joined on TGC on the board that was right after the yahoo board. Â*I have no idea of the exact date or first post but that would be cool to find out. Â*Is there any way to pull up that board?</div>

sadly there was a bunch of information on those boards that are lost forever.

BEAST
    Yea, very true. I finally got around to clearing my corners today and going off of some old directions, that I have had for a while, (date said 11/?/2001) and it was written by DJ.... (not gonna say it). I was just thinking, damn that seems like a hella long time ago.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    theres a tutorial with pics in the 7g cutomization forum, its a sticky
    7g for life!

BEAST
    Oh really? I haven't seen it. j/k. I was just too lazy to print the new one off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm with shane. Â*I joined on TGC on the board that was right after the yahoo board. Â*I have no idea of the exact date or first post but that would be cool to find out. Â*Is there any way to pull up that board?</div>

sadly there was a bunch of information on those boards that are lost forever.</div>

The only site that was really lost is the 2nd board, when I used XMB and accidentally deleted the database. That was the forum board that had sub-categories. I have the entire 1st site, including forum board (the old UBB board), saved on my hard drive. Some of the info is corrupted, like board color and pictures, but the rest is still readable. This was when I first started to move TGC from Yahoo to a CGI based board.

It's not fully functional but you can read the posts. I just uploaded forum 4, which is the General Post forum. You can view the first 11 files but after that once you select a file (#12 on) you'll have to click on the Edit -> Select All (at the top of your web browser) to highlight the text. There's 62 html files and I got tired of editing after the 1st 11 files.

You can view them here:
    http://www.clubtgc.org/ubb/Forum4/HTML/

TGC Regular
    I miss the old board! The first one was my favorite. Maybe I juat liked the black background with white letters! But I also liked how it was set up...but we have to move on to new and better things! Site has grown quite a bit since the first board days!
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

Moving to FAQ.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Company
    that's it,, thats all no other deep info,, like how it started,, when,,, how,, and all that stuff,, stuff that they saw on The History Channel
    My bad. I've had personal issues I needed to take care of over the past few years so there are many posts like yours that I missed but eventually will catch up with.

The Galant Center was born from the old Mitsubishi Usenet newsgroup, alt.autos.mitsubishi - you can probably still find it using a newsreader like Outlook Express. Anyhow, three guys, Rich(BGR), Mohammed(Mochanges), and Arnulfo(TOC or TheOneCameleon), would share info on their new Mitsubishi Galants, which would later be referred to as the 8G, for 8th Generation. Up until this time, I knew of no other site dedicated strictly to the Galant. I believe there was a DSM site, and other Mitsubishi sites, but nothing like TGC. Mochanges was the first person that I knew of that cleared the front headlights, using some needlenose pliers and other tools. Me, I came up with the idea of taking apart the stock airbox and flipping upside down so that you could have an open air ram intake. (I later discovered that the 3G Eclipse Spyder strut tower bar fit our cars, too). Arnulfo did something crazy like removing his CAT and getting a different CAM gear to increase his HP in his I4.

The newsgroup seem very ineffective in regards to posting information for our cars, so I volunteered to start up a Yahoo club site - BigRich's 2K Galant Center. That site is still available, but is littered with spam. I launched that site on 12.08.99. This was the start of what would later become known as The Galant Center, which I felt should be a place for all generation Galants to come together - hence the moniker, Home of the Mitsubishi Galant. At that same time, a sister club, known as Club3G was building momentum on the Yahoo club website as well, and eventually branched out to become it's own internet website called Club3G.org. Club3G was bringing in about 3 to 5 new members on their club site for every 1 new member on our Yahoo site. {{I was keeping track}}

One thing that I took pride in was that I would stay up for countless hours searching the Internet for anything pertaining to the Galant. Anything I could find, I would post up on the club site so that if someone "new" was to come along and have questions that probably already were asked, they only needed to look at one place for the answer, TGC. I came across several sites in Asia and eventually over time, I started seeing other Galants being posted on car sites (I forgot the name but it was similar to Cardomain.com). I then actively "recruited" every Galant owner I came across on the internet and in person, by leaving a TGC card on their door or window. Many other pioneers made it to TGC on their own and shared their knowledge, like Reelax. He was the first person I know of that had JDM head and taillights on his US 8G - but the man cut his springs (I think he had H&R springs?)! He did all this prior to coming to TGC.

Through all of this, the ball was now rolling and picking up steam and we were getting too large for the Yahoo group. I took it upon myself to finance hosting the site on various webhosts until eventually it became too large for one person to handle. Thanks to many generous members and vendors, they donated funds to keep TGC afloat, but eventually, this was still not enough as we were eating up too much bandwidth. I eventually let Burthold host TGC on his server at home, until something unfortunate happened. TGC now resides in the hands of VegasMatt and Proto. There's a lot of other stuff to tell, but it's like 01:48 in the morning... I hate to drop a few names like I did above and not show respect to all the other pioneers on TGC, but I've been away too long from TGC to remember everyone's names (excluding the moderators - I know most of you guys - either met in person or talked on the phone).

:shock: Wow Rich you sure did bring back an old post and I for one do miss the old days! I have been noticing you posting alot more then I do now so I am glad you are back....

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    :shock: Wow Rich you sure did bring back an old post and I for one do miss the old days! I have been noticing you posting alot more then I do now so I am glad you are back....
    Hey what's up Jason? I'm glad to see you're still around. You're one of the guys I wanted to throw a shout out to (OutlawzCC - from the old Yahoo Club).

Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    Hey what's up Jason? I'm glad to see you're still around. You're one of the guys I wanted to throw a shout out to (OutlawzCC - from the old Yahoo Club).
    Yeah I haven't used that screen name in awile. We should kick it before you take off from Sac. I was just up there for a Rottweiler National dog show in Rancho Cordova. See if we can't round up the old Chapter and do another photo shoot or something.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast