The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: History Of TGC

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    :shock: Wow Rich you sure did bring back an old post and I for one do miss the old days! I have been noticing you posting alot more then I do now so I am glad you are back....
    Hey what's up Jason? I'm glad to see you're still around. You're one of the guys I wanted to throw a shout out to (OutlawzCC - from the old Yahoo Club).
    Yeah I haven't used that screen name in awile. We should kick it before you take off from Sac. I was just up there for a Rottweiler National dog show in Rancho Cordova. See if we can't round up the old Chapter and do another photo shoot or something.

I have this photo printed out on a 8 x 10 and hanging in my office at work.
    Well, I got to get my G running again. I have some hurdles to jump before I can get her back on the road.
    1) Buy rotors (~$190)
    2) Have rotors and 1 caliper installed (~$200)
    3) But before that, pay registration ($298), Smog (~$50?) and insurance (Geico - ~$200 first payment)
    4) Oil Change & tune up. The car has been sitting for almost 1 year and I haven't changed the oil since 02.13.05! I know I need a new timing belt, too and I have never gotten ANY of the scheduled maintenance done and I have about 100K on the engine. So... I'm in a pretty bad spot right now. I won't be able to get this done at the earlier until mid next month as I'm trying to straighten out my credit at the same time, too.

No worries bro.... shit my Galant has been sitting for a year now too. I haven't driven it for more then a year. My daily driver is a Magnum now. We don't need the Galants to kick it anymore lol... would be nice but shit we don't need them to go to Hooters.....

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

hahaha sounds like a great plan, Rich im in Lincoln now if you need some help working on the car let me know man
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    :shock: Wow Rich you sure did bring back an old post and I for one do miss the old days! I have been noticing you posting alot more then I do now so I am glad you are back....
    Hey what's up Jason? I'm glad to see you're still around. You're one of the guys I wanted to throw a shout out to (OutlawzCC - from the old Yahoo Club).
    Yeah I haven't used that screen name in awile. We should kick it before you take off from Sac. I was just up there for a Rottweiler National dog show in Rancho Cordova. See if we can't round up the old Chapter and do another photo shoot or something.

I have this photo printed out on a 8 x 10 and hanging in my office at work.
    Well, I got to get my G running again. I have some hurdles to jump before I can get her back on the road.
    1) Buy rotors (~$190)
    2) Have rotors and 1 caliper installed (~$200)
    3) But before that, pay registration ($298), Smog (~$50?) and insurance (Geico - ~$200 first payment)
    4) Oil Change & tune up. The car has been sitting for almost 1 year and I haven't changed the oil since 02.13.05! I know I need a new timing belt, too and I have never gotten ANY of the scheduled maintenance done and I have about 100K on the engine. So... I'm in a pretty bad spot right now. I won't be able to get this done at the earlier until mid next month as I'm trying to straighten out my credit at the same time, too.
    its a shame that your car has been sitting for a year Rich. are there any new pictures of it? i love the paint on it man.... props.. :D
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    hahaha sounds like a great plan, Rich im in Lincoln now if you need some help working on the car let me know man
    I knew you would be down Brandon.....

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Hmm... I guess I didn't submit my reply to you this morning.

Anyhow, thanks - the most recent pics I took are from 2 years ago but the quality is real bad - old cell phone cam (my new cell phone cam is much better).

Click here

I basically had to buy another set of wheels because some rookie dumb ass at USA Tires fucked my Velox wheels up. He tightened down the wheel balance do-hicky too much where the threads for the center cap wouldn't fit any more. Then the jerk-off tried hammering the center cap in! I was besides myself with anger I was about to kill the guy when I went in to grab the owner and said, "Look what fuck your man is doing here!" The owner wanted me to stop by his other store and was going to work on the thread for me, but I said fuck it, you guys ain't wasting any more of my time and left. I tried looking for more of the same wheel, but they were discontinued. That's cool, the other wheels were curbed anyhow. I bought them strictly for that and they served their purpose.

hahaha quote of the year right here

"Look what fuck you man is doing here!"

did they pay for the damage to the rim?
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Sorry, I was in the middle of editing Kind of sounds like the Asian acrobat guy on Ocean's Eleven.

No, they didn't pay for shit and like a dummy, I just squashed it.

haha thats what i was thinking too

aww man they would have had to pay, i worked for a sears auto center one of the guys in the back scratched the lip on a brand new m3 :shock: and we had to pay for a new rim lol

Not sure if you've been down there, but those tire shops on Stockton Blvd are shady. You always take a risk by going down there. What was I to do? I had to get back to work and the last thing I wanted to do is take more time off during my day to have someone else "attempt" at repairing the end of the thing where the threads are.

It's like when you need a ring resized and they put the ring over a graduated rod which eventually spreads the metal to make the hole larger - that's what they did to my wheel. Yeah, they should have paid.

For a look back in time and see how TGC progressed, click here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https:/...lantcenter.com

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    For a look back in time and see how TGC progressed, click here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https:/...lantcenter.com
    Thats sweet to see the history. I saw on one the article about the 2002 galant concept model haha. Its funny to see that

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

nice...
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Damn Rich, that flashback is unbelievable. I remember my first post when I found you guys in late 2000 and bought myself a set of Magnecor wires from a contact you guys had on the yahoo board. We sure have come a long way since then with both our cars and our lives...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Yes sir. Next week with be the 9th anniversary of TGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    No worries bro.... shit my Galant has been sitting for a year now too. I haven't driven it for more then a year. My daily driver is a Magnum now. We don't need the Galants to kick it anymore lol... would be nice but shit we don't need them to go to Hooters.....
    I havent driven my Galant since MOD2005, and the odo is on 99999. :)
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Yes sir. Next week with be the 9th anniversary of TGC.
    bro we're old. did u ever find that pic of the first TGC meet at RRE w/ us sitting in front of our cars? i wish i still had a copy but my girlfried thought that a perfect place to put my external hard drive was on top of the subwoofer... wiped it clean.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    wow alot of history cant wait for the aniv.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    bro we're old. did u ever find that pic of the first TGC meet at RRE w/ us sitting in front of our cars? i wish i still had a copy but my girlfried thought that a perfect place to put my external hard drive was on top of the subwoofer... wiped it clean.
    I might have that picture somewhere, I bet allan does too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    Nope, I couldn't find it. I wonder if we made it in any of these pics? I couldn't get the site to load the pic for now:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...eet3-31-01.htm

Edit -
    Nevermind. I was looking at the cache. The page loads in the cache view, but not the pics.
    http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast