The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dashboard removal

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Dashboard removal

Could someone tell how to remove the dashboard on a '06 Mitsubishi Galant? If possible, please provide detailed instructions/pictures/videos.

Thank you,

Please somebody tell me how to remove the dashboard!!!

Thanks,

Ok, I was able to unscrew every screw that I could see. But still something is holding the dashboard down.

The following is what I have done. Could somenone tell what I am missing, please??????????????????????????

I have removed the side trims (next to the doors), speaker grills, vents, long trim next to the windshield, botton trim below the fuse cover and next to the door, fuse cover, silver trims on the sides of the steering wheel, trims on the stick of the steering wheel, trim below the glove box, trim below the steering wheel, dimming switch, radio and ac cover, radio, clock, radio and ac trim, glove box, cover behind the glove box, gauge bezel.

The driver side is looser than the passager one. I have notice than conducts that go to the vents are screwed. Not sure if the screws are holding down the dashboard. I feeled the screws but I can't take them out.

Please someone help me!!!!!!!

Okay, ill say it... Stop before u break something else! U already broke the ac by looking around, take it to the dealer and have it fixed before u break something else. There is no need to remove the whole front dash.
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

If the 9G is anything like the 8G the air bags might be what is holding down the passenger side... just a wild guess so don't take my word for it...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

I know its an old thread, but just went through the same thing as the OP

you need to disconnect the heater and aircon hoses from the firewall.

then....it all leaks out, the gas and water, but the dash will come out with the entire metal frame.

I could not get the dash plastic shroud off without removing the entire frame, cause the heater is fastened by bolts that are accessed on the windscreen side.
    Last edited by redblower; 04-12-2011 at 09:36 PM