The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help picking suspension parts...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    4G64Galant

Help picking suspension parts...

So I'm replacing my struts all around and getting lowering springs but I cant decide what brands to get. Cause I can get Monroe sensatrac struts from my work for cheaper then kyb gr2s on eBay and they have a lifetime warranty...and should I get Megan, tein , or progress springs? I also have a problem with my car shaking at 65+ and was told it was my tie rods and control arm bushings, should I just replace it all just so I don't have to dig back in?

i dont think the monroes will hold up with the lowering springs and the lowering springs will void the warranty i believe, u should get the kyb agx's... now the springs it depends on how much of a drop u want, and yes you should replace the tie rods, and bushings, if its the outer tie rod then you can do it yourself fairly easy...

4G64Galant
    I saw the tutorial on changing inner and outer so I'm doing that first since it seems the hardest, I don't have the money for the agx's is go with gr2's, i don't want to slam it just drop it a little which springs would be best? Any suggestins on a bushings kit? I want to replace everything!

for bushings there isnt alot of options besisdes getting the prothane complete bushing set whichi does most everything but is expensive, you really dont need to replace all your bushing unless they are rotted to hell.

4G64Galant
    I just figured if I'm gonna tear it apart might as well, I found a 100$ set on eBay that's polyurethane...but not sure if its what i need, any links or preferred sites for em?

Im curious also. Doing shocks/strut and springs in the next week or two.