The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i need help

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    dscustoms

i need help

im looking to do the 4g63 engine swap on my 98 galant but not quite sure what all i need motor mount wise

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dscustoms View Post
    im looking to do the 4g63 engine swap on my 98 galant but not quite sure what all i need motor mount wise
    look in the 7g tutorial section as this is gone over in detail. personally i would rather build the 64 like i and others are, no mounting issues etc drop in and go
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

dscustoms
    where is a good place for the mods i havent done a whole lot of research on it this is the second ive owned and i did a vr4 swap and cant find a good place for mods for this engine

where is a good place for the mods i havent done a whole lot of research on it this is the second ive owned and i did a vr4 swap and cant find a good place for mods for this engine
    what mods are you looking for and is it still the 4g64 in it now?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

dscustoms
    yeah its still 4g64 mostly intake manifold header and if u know of any way of takeing out the headlights with out taking the bumper i have my whole body kit mold in and i didnt wanna have to crack it to get them out

yeah its still 4g64 mostly intake manifold header and if u know of any way of takeing out the headlights with out taking the bumper i have my whole body kit mold in and i didnt wanna have to crack it to get them out
    if it is molded to the fenders then the only way would be to unbolt them and the front bumper and try to get it that way if thats even possible.

i would keep the 4g64 buy a dsm cylinder head and a turbo 2g ecu and then find a nice turbo setup.. honestly u are going to have so many issues if you go turbo as you will have the front mount etc behind the bumper and if something goes wrong you are screwed.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

dscustoms
    i have the bumper trim down for a 1-2 inch gap for an inter cooler and a rigged brace to hold it still better the body didnt fit very well when i got it and left terrible gaps on the body it looked like total shit with it on b4 if i had a clearer pic the back bumper was actually sucked under the rear body and the front stuck out a little to far cuz instead of sending me the 98 they sent a 94 and said it will need customizing to look right

all body kits and JDM bumpers are made to fit the 94-96 style t bar if that is one of the issues. also, molded kits look great but on a car you will work on all the time will suck.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

dscustoms
    i did the body molding and was able to form it with out trunk swaping and molded the little plastic piece between the tail lights into the trunk so its a smooth trunk no plastic ripples and shapped all the edgesand am customing a rear windowspoiler from an evo to the back its lookin pretty good just setting it on the roof