The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help deciding on DVD Receiver - Alpine/JVC?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Help deciding on DVD Receiver - Alpine/JVC?

Ok so... I'm trying to decide which of these 2 DVD receivers to get.

Alpine iVA-W203
    JVC KW-AVX720

I know Alpine is top of the line, but not so sure about JVC. I always thought they were kind of mid-range. I intend to use them mainly for Ipod use along with remote control, and have something nice looking in the dash. Later if I ever wanted to I could always put a nav system in the Alpine, but not with the JVC. I don't intend to use bluetooth or hook up any kind of subs in the trunk. Maybe later put after market speakers in place of the factory infinity ones. Maybe once in awhile watch a DVD or something while parked and waiting but, more than likely no. Just typical use.

That being said... which do you guys think would be better? I don't know too much about it. Alpine is on sale for $50 less than the JVC, but JVC has a .5 inch bigger screen (big deal). Let me know which you guys think I should go for and why?

Thanks, appreciate the help.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    JVC lol just cuz I have a JVC head unit lol...IMO

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Get the headunit for the navi. I never use my DVD player in car for watching DVDs.

x2 i never use my touch screen to watch movies. i say go for the alpine

Eclipse AVN-726e ftw!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    alpine

i can only imagine how nice that is, i was impressed by my friends DUAL unit with Navi

blue8g
    Personally, I've always been a fan of alpine and my friends who are hardcore into audio recommend it as well

Always heard good things about alpine.....that would be my choice

Damn the alpine is badass, i would go with that one. Mainly because ive always used Kenwood or Alpine and to this day never had any major problems with mp3 & dvd receivers. You got me hooked on that alpine tho, ill probly order it with my next paycheck next friday. It should fit flush right?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    Damn the alpine is badass, i would go with that one. Mainly because ive always used Kenwood or Alpine and to this day never had any major problems with mp3 & dvd receivers. You got me hooked on that alpine tho, ill probly order it with my next paycheck next friday. It should fit flush right?
    From the research I've done, and from what my friend who's really into this sort of thing says about it and crutchfield as well, Alpine is the way to go. Crutchfield offers you the dash it, instructions (basic for install), and wiring harness needed to install it all in the package of the price. That saves money. So... buying it from crutfield is well worth it in my opinion. Best buy charges like $20-30 bucks for dash kits and then another 15-20 for the harness specific to your vehicle. But Crutchfield offers both free with most decks so. That's why I'm going with Crutfield as far as getting it. Then I'll just head over to best buy or someplace to have it installed.

Just do the "outfit your car" option and put in the details about your car and it will let you get all the install gear you need with it free. Plus they offer free 1-3 day delivery sooooooo yeah.

I think the Alpine is a better deal considering its on sale, retail is $800, and it comes with all the gear needed sooooo.. yeah.. I KNOW what I'm getting with Alpine, but I don't with JVC. Thanks for the help guys!

I'll get pics up once I get it installed.

P.S. The nav enhancement costs extra, just so you guys know before you buy. But you can always buy the nav part later and just slip it in.
    Last edited by tr1kst4nce; 05-19-2010 at 04:03 PM