The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with a dual 15" box

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Help with a dual 15" box

So Ive got my 15" box now an am having trouble getn it in the trunk of my 8G, so not a lot of room to begin with...I'll try an get pics posted soon.

I'm tryn to slide it in long ways, but the side hits the trunk bar (Part trunk lids bolted to)..an the bottom corner of box jus wont squeeze past where the taillight is pretty much..

If i remove trunk lid so those bars an fall back down, Should it have enough clearance to push box on in trunk??

I dont have new 15"s yet so im not feeln like exprementin with trunk lid now. I jus wanna know if ima be able to get back in trunk.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

try removing back seat and sliding it in from inside the car.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    i think they might be to big to try from the rear if they have a pretty big mag well i can suggest going to an audio shop and having them make a custom box for the 15 i know ive seen in done so i know its possible
    03 I4

i have had a couple of boxes that sound like your same problem. I just took off the bottom trunk latch and the cover piece then took out the spare tire cover piece so you have a couple more inchs to go down deep, then turn that sum b!tch sideways and shuv it strate up in the candy... oh i mean trunk, then slide the spare tire cover back in

Reelax: Nahh that wont work the opening isnt very big from the back seat. thanks tho.

Jimmy: Im on a budget with my system so i dont wanna new box. and this is for 2 15"s

Hahahaha, But Ricky i tried the spare tire cover thing an i still couldnt get it...the box is hitting the trunk lid bar. the big one...not the torsion bars. and ive got jus barely an inch to go an it would slide in. but the box wont move.

yeah pretty much the only way is to have a custom one made as ur only gonna be able to fit a 2 1/2 to 3 cubic foot box in there, i learned the hard way as i have a dual 15" box with 2 quantum audio cozmik series subs

Have you just thought about taking the whole trunk out?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Are you sure about the trunk lid closing after the sub box is in?

4g64T 5spd

I4betterthanUR4
    Sounds like you didnt make any measurements at all. Good luck if worse comes to worse throw it in your back seat :P Well post some pics when you get it in I gotta see this.

i had to custom make my box for my 15 w3's in my 7g and it was a nug fit but i got it in there. had to angle the subs up the slide them in, was like moving furniture good luck

Well Everyone.lol My problem was this huge box was ported...it wouldve went in if i had got a sealed box....needless to say i been pissed bout it...but i also didnt wwanna set them in back seat cuz i dont like the sound, ive had subs in back seat b4...i dont really like em right there. so ive settled with 2 12" kicker Cvr in a kicker ported box an only on a 350w amp they rock..but i have another PROB.. I have a HOA an its surging an making all my lights flash basically or surge...it will charge a max of 15.3 volts with stereo all the way up it wont go below 14.8...

does the lights only surge when u blasting ur system or does it do it all that time? if its only while playing the system then u either need a capacitor or a kenetic cell for the sound system

It does as long as the voltage is about 14.4...it slows down a lil bit with the system cranked an some stops for a few sec...but i have a 3farad cap.

HOA will reduce power when not in motion. they pick up the load as the pully(driving) spins faster. thats why your having issues when you stop at the light or stop signs and are still blasting stereo.