The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need opinions on tails

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

need opinions on tails

ok guys, i need some input here. i was thinking of tinting my tail lights. what i was thinking was just the upper half and leave the bottom half alone. basically the reverse and turn signals are going to be left alone.

i don't want to do them too dark but just enough. i want opinions and those who are good with photoshop to do me a favor and edit a pic for me. i'm also tinting the rear bumper marking lights.

so what's the best method? i've read about people using window tinitng, sprays, and other stuff.

here's a decent ass shot (old, but good enough). so let me see what you guys think.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I have that exhaust on my 8G right now! lol. Anyways, I used the VHT and it worked pretty well for me. I didnt even use clear. As long as you prep it it should come out good.

This is just me, if I had a 7G, you consider tinting the bottom half and leaving the top alone? The JDM VR-4's are like that right?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I have that exhaust on my 8G right now! lol. Anyways, I used the VHT and it worked pretty well for me. I didnt even use clear. As long as you prep it it should come out good.

This is just me, if I had a 7G, you consider tinting the bottom half and leaving the top alone? The JDM VR-4's are like that right?
    now the vr-4's are literally the same tail lights (the diamond edition tails anyway). i've seen them in person before and they look exactly like mine.

i got a coupe friends with new m3's and they have similar lighting. top half red bottom clear. they both got the top half tinted and it looks good.

i look at my car's ass and its too bright. i got heavy tint on my windows, new dark rims soon, and black trim everywhere. the tails need some attention now

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

ah. They look darker in pics to me.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    ah. They look darker in pics to me.
    negligible. the diffrence is slight. light exposure and angle play a role

not to mention my tint is soo dark i have trouble seeing my reverse lights at night. i don't need light output cut on them lol

no one? really

TGC Regular
    I dont think you should leave the bottoms white.. if anything just do a lighter tint on the botoms... Its a tough call.. Me personally I would have a tough time doing anything to them because they are word specs and they are expensive.... thats just me though...

Here's with just the top half tinted

And with the bottom half slightly tinted

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    I dont think you should leave the bottoms white.. if anything just do a lighter tint on the botoms... Its a tough call.. Me personally I would have a tough time doing anything to them because they are word specs and they are expensive.... thats just me though...
    we are talking about my tail lights. not headlights. why would i do that to my heads?!

hmm i like the whole thing tinted lightly.

can you levae the bottome that light and darken the top more?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i wouldnt tint the bottom as the lighter color accents the rear end maybe the top but i like them as is

as a side note the DE tails seem to be slightly darker as ive parked next to 97-98s before and mine seem darker

2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

lighting plays a role. the diffrence is slight

I think it would look much better if you tinted the lower half (leave the upper red half alone and tint slightly the white half) Google some images of a rear shot of an Infinity G20. You will see what I am talking about. It will give it an european look

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

leave the bottom half alone

Like Da_Gal said , paint top dark and leave bottom part white... Thats i'll be doing to my tails soon

IMHO do only the white part man...2 peice night shades with some nice led ambers!!yummy

i say do a very light shade and make it look like it came that way from the factory.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I think you should remove the sub lens and paint your housings black. It will darken them and give them a crystal lens look