The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NEED HELP AGAIN!

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    MitsuMan

NEED HELP AGAIN!

So I found out what the problem was, apparently the noise I was hearing was a problem with the upper/lower control arm and ball joints, has anyone else had this problem, the dude said it was normal wear on the car, does anyone else know where i can possibly get the parts so i dont have to pay the 969$ this privk wants me to cough up for it

thanks

dean

take ur car to the dealer, the ball joints was a recall so u dont have to pay

MitsuMan
    ^*^*(*(& ()(_*()*()() _#$)(^*&@+_^ = me swearing up a storm, Why do I feel like i am getting progressively dumber? This is such an obvious,...thanks to Josh, Jesse, and Denver for pointing this out to me, i really feel stupid this week, I cant answer any of my own questions..........i guess everyone has a few off days :cry: ...i took my car to the shop and had it worked on, they just called me when i found out about the recall saying it was done, cost me 969$, i set up an appt w/ mitsubishi on Fri to inspect the old parts......the guy said i will probably be able to get a refund.....

brandon
    Yeah I remember taking my old car in based on that recall and they said everything was fine.

I'd assume if there was something wrong they'd have to replace it whether you went through the recall or not... just bring in a copy of the recall information...

I remember someone posting a website that lists recalls for every car out there on the old board...

MitsuMan
    They better give me a full refund or else I will be pissed.....seriously, I am a week away from getting my car completed and I dont need this HUGE setback or else I am gonna flip, make sure to watch the news in the next few days i might be on it as a crazed maniac....lol

Hey Dean if you do go crazy (not that I am encouraging such behavior), make sure in your press release statement you blame it on the lack of attention from the aftermarket for the Galants!
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Is that for the 8G's or just the 7G's? The recall.

7g as far as i kno

google search for "Mitsubishi Galant Recalls"

As far as I know it was only the 7g Galants and the corresponding eclispes with the problem.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

MitsuMan
    Make sure when u call to have your VIN number ready because thats how they do the recalls, my bill was only 1029$...(sarcasm)...i will let u know if mine is covored or else there will be one long post for rich to delete because i will be using every swear EVER created...hmm...what could one do with 1029$ oh yeah i was supposed to get my kit put on with my exhaust and CAI, sweet, might just be a sweet dream :cry:

brandon
    I just can't believe they even charged you at all... they know about that damn recall..

Which Mistu dealer did you go?

MitsuMan
    B,
    I took it to PepBoys cause they had origionally put on my rims cause I didnt have the wrench to do it, thats when i heard the noise a few days after so i brought it back to them to see if they could fix it cause i thought they were the ones that messed it up, i found out about the recall about 5 mins before they called to say it was done, i got an appt with Tony March Mitsubishi in Hartford tomorrow at 9......its D-Day

Better cover it or else i swear to frigging christ

brandon
    Definitely let us know how it goes... I would think that Mitsu would have to do something... if not ask a lawyer for some advice and see if you have a case.

Best of luck...

MitsuMan
    Thanks everyone, ill let u know how it goes tomorrow at the dealer,

I cant believe my luck a day before I move back to school and less then a week before I get my kit done i am shelling out 1000$ to fix a shitty recall problem, straight bullshit!

ill keep yall posted

dean

the ONLY arms that are covered by the warranty are the lower lateral arms.
    thats it.

the front suspension on these cars had so many issues, its not funny.

although the lateral arms are garanteed to wear out on every galant and eclipse from this generation, the other suspension pieces wear out, too.. in the following order of bad to good.

1)outer tie rod ends (a LOT)
    2)strut (a lot)
    3)lower compression arm (a few)
    4)upper control arm (on the first year cars, quite a few.. after that, not so many).

this is a pretty poorly engineered front suspension from reliabilities view....
    which is the ONLY reason why mitsu went back to a strut suspension on the new cars.. no matter what they say, its was totally a money issue, and nothing else.

MitsuMan
    No refund for me.......kit will have to wait til Spring 2003.....