The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Smog ? on high NO's

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    1993whitegalant

Smog ? on high NO's

I have a 93 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 base model beater car that passes everything in smog with flying colors except for the No's. they are really high in both speed tests. Cleaned the EGR, fixed the crack in the exhaust manifold, new O2 sensor, and there was no change in the NOX. the car has new distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, wires, pcv valve, timing belt, fuel system and intake cleaning, new fuel filter, new air filter, and new belts. Everything before the CAT is perfect. I think the CAT is trashed. I'm open to suggestions.

1993whitegalant

Smog ? on high NO's

double post
    Last edited by 1993whitegalant; 05-24-2010 at 11:44 AM

2 posts? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

1993whitegalant
    sorry double post

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    do you have ANY exhaust leaks? that will quickly raise your NOx. could also be your cat, a long-dead cat will bring NOx up too
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

1993whitegalant
    No leakes. Everything before the cat seems to be working great the smog tech said. The car runs good and strong. I do not know how many degrees the stock timing is suppost to be since all labels under the hood are gone.

1993 Galant 2.0L SOHC Base model

1993whitegalant
    Were all 93 galants 50 state emissions cars? How can I tell? I have no emisisons sticker under my hood.