The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Signs of oil during change of spark plugs..wat to do?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Signs of oil during change of spark plugs..wat to do?

Right now im in the process of changin my spark plugs..n i noticed theres signs of oil wen i took the boot out to replace my plugs...wat should i do?..i dnt kno much bout how to resolve this cuz im still learnin about cars as im modding my galant along the way...so can any1 help wit this? cuz i kno itz a bad sign

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    your plug seals are bad..you need to buy new ones and and a valve cover gasket

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Replace valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals. They will come as a kit with the Valve cover gasket.

ok cool thanks i kno it was a newbie question but ijus wanted to make sure..im learnin on my own as i go..learnin alot esp from this site bout our cars..appreciate the help

ok i have another problem..im puttin the boot bak in over the plugs n its not wantin to go in...part of the boot is startin to rip as im pushin it bak in...wats the deal wit that? did this happen to u guys?

Quote Originally Posted by 02GalantGuy View Post
    ok i have another problem..im puttin the boot bak in over the plugs n its not wantin to go in...part of the boot is startin to rip as im pushin it bak in...wats the deal wit that? did this happen to u guys?
    Not sure, make sure and pick up new spark plug wires too while you are at it.

ok i got all that..im taking the valve cover off to clean n also to replace new gasket and seals for the plugs...theres 6 screws total to taking off the valve cover itself? i never took the valve cover off b4 so im kinda learning from u guys as i go lol..i kno jus enough to replace my plugs but neva had to remove the valve cover b4..if sum1 dont mind talkin me thru takin off the valve cover i would appreciate it...i got the 6 screws on the valve cover off n it seems to still be stuck on really good...am i missin sumthin?..sorry lol im still learnin

nvm got the valve cover off but havin problems removin the gasket..itz a pain in the ass to remove..im tryin to remove it in 1 whole piece but no luck..any tips on removin the valve gasket?

Was the car warm when you remove it?? That's what I do. Drive the car to normal temperatures and then turn off and remove valve cover and then gasket.

yea it was..it was still a pain to remove it..anyways i got it off cleaned it really good n got everything runnin again..the previous owner had champion spark plugs..i thought that was weird cuz wasnt every1 sayin in one of the threads that our cars requires NGKs oppose to any other brand

I used the hook part of a hook and pick set. and used one of the bolt holes to pry up. Dont pry on the valve cover to get the gasket out, you will warp it and you will never get it to seal.

Here is also a tut for taking off the valve cover for future reference.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=37183
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

o ok thankz a lot for the link..imma bookmark it