The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shes dirty and dented, but still mine :)

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Shes dirty and dented, but still mine :)

Adjusted headlights here is light output top is low and fog, bottom is highs only.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    I love your fogs. And nice new sig also.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Thanks Arro

thats the beauty of that color ... you cant tell shes dirty till you touch her lol looking good man

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Red cars easily get dirty..

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

so the lows go off when u turn ur highs on? to fix that so the low stay on, check out my JDM headlight tutorial and look for the diode/relay trick. those that do the JDM conversion do this in order for the heads to function like they were meant to (dual beam functionality vs. single beam hi/low). the stock switching does that because the H4 bulb functionality turns the low beam filament off when the hi beam filament goes on (since they are both in the same bulb and it would overheat if they were both on), but since you now have separate low and high beams, they should both be on when u switch to high beam.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    makes me feel better knowing im not the only one ding up here lol

still looking good
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    so the lows go off when u turn ur highs on? to fix that so the low stay on, check out my JDM headlight tutorial and look for the diode/relay trick. those that do the JDM conversion do this in order for the heads to function like they were meant to (dual beam functionality vs. single beam hi/low). the stock switching does that because the H4 bulb functionality turns the low beam filament off when the hi beam filament goes on (since they are both in the same bulb and it would overheat if they were both on), but since you now have separate low and high beams, they should both be on when u switch to high beam.
    Yeah I am wiring it to that when I wire the HIDs to battery I dont want to strain stock harness too much since I have 3 sets of HIDs up front

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Yeah I am wiring it to that when I wire the HIDs to battery I dont want to strain stock harness too much since I have 3 sets of HIDs up front
    yeah ideally HID should always be run off relay harness directly to the battery (only drawing current from the OE harness to trigger the relays). i have had 3 HID sets concurrently on my car for more than 5 years... all are running off relay harnesses, no blinking, no start up issues, etc. good news is when you do go to full relay harnesses, you will only need a single diode to bridge the triggers and it makes everything so much simpler. u'll see what i mean when you rewire your heads.