just for the vr4 owners

you may or maynot know already about the work some of the engish vr4 owners have been doing on the pre face lift 7201 ecu that was not flashable before now

any way nutterjohn and kinkyafro are ready for releace of this staged upgrade and the first batch will be sold at the vr4 dyno day next week

heres a some results

Ok people we have completed the second stage tunning on the ecu test that we have been running .

The good news is that we have had some real positive results and are making huge steps towards getting them ready for full release .

Well let me set the scene before giving you the headlines whcih I'm sure you will be amazed with . All work has been tested on a stock VR4 with only a decat pipe fitted , so the boost control is done via the ecu , the downpipes and exhaust are as fitted by Mr Mitsubishi . The figures for the car before we started to do any changes to the ecu are 171 bhp ATW (225ft/lb ish ) @ 0.5 bar , as a failry standard amount for a stcok car , this translates to 241 cvr4-fly-bhp.

After 2 hrs + of solid dyno time today we managed to get the following results without touching any timming or altering anything on the car mechanically . So here goes , are you all sat down ? , deep breath , drum roll ............ Our tune did the following 209bhp atw (325ft/lb) @1.1 bar ( 1.1 bar until 4500 then tails down to 0.8 at redline ) no fuel cut , this all works out at 295 cvr4-fly -bhp .

We still have some further work to do but I think you will aggree that a stock vr4 running no external boost control to reech 295bhp is very good .

Over the next few days we are going to road test the new map to ensure that we have a nice stable tune and then will work out how much further to push it .

We did speak with Ben today and being such a great guy he has allowed us to offer fitting at the rolling road day in June , this would allow us to see a before and after and ensure everything is safe on your car , this will be arranged further over this week as well

anyway time to take a chill pill as I'm buzzing after today ,

Thanks Ben, Mark and Roman for being Eurospec