The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird Sound When Taking Off

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Weird Sound When Taking Off

Hello guys I have a brand new 2010 Galant. I notice that when the engine is a little cold, as soon as I take off either forward or reverse, whether turning or not, it makes this slight "scraping" or "click" type sound on the front right corner of the car. It only does it once, only after I start the car and take off for the first time. I tried to get it to make the noise by stopping, putting it in park and then in drive then taking off again but it does not do it. Only the first time I take off immediately after starting the car. I also think it does it when the engine is colder. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advanced.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    its the the heat shields on the bottom of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    its the the heat shields on the bottom of the car.
    Ok but is that normal? Why does it do it?
    2010 Black Galant SE.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    it has come up a few times in this forum.

Well could you please point me in the right direction, because my question still hasn't been answered. Thanks
    2010 Black Galant SE.

I know what your talking about on the random click once you first take off from cold start. I have a 2011 galant. Ive already taken off the heat shield cus it was rattling on cold starts. It does not sound like a heat shield problem. I havent seen much problems so i thought it was normal to have the click once take off from cold?