The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63 sohc header?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

4g63 sohc header?

Good morning to al, this is my first post here. i've looked every were on this site and others similar to find out ether where can I get a header for my '89 4g63 sohc galant, or really a straight answer if a header for a 4g63 dohc(from maybe a 1g eclipse, ect). And if not what comes close and works with a little love?

Sorry if there’s an answer out there, I just didn’t find it yet.

i know this is normaly a redondent topic/question, sorry. but its like everyone else here trying to make nothin in to some thing. so everyones knowledge would be helpful, thanks.

to be honest your going to find a hard time find any performance parts for the old 4g63 SOHC, there are few, just like for the 4g64 but since that motor "to my knowledge" is completely out of production now {the evo use's the 4g63 engine but it's rotated 180 deg from yours} it's going to be even harder to find parts.

but here a few links for your application that i found through google

1989 Mitsubishi Galant Header Pipe - Bosal
    http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...1&apwidneuFt75

Possbile fit, correct engine different DSM
    OBX EXHAUST HEADER 89-94 PLYMOUTH LASER 4G63 Ceramic
    http://www.rsaperformance.com/obx25.html

as for if a dohc header or manifold will fit.... i'm realy not sure i'm not even sure if any company's made any dohc non turbo manifolds.
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

cool man, thanx for the info. with further research, i found that the stock exhaust manifold for the 4g63 dohc 90-93 eclipse has the same part# over at Dorman exhaust. so i found a cheap set of bbp headers on ebay, its worth a try. if they dont fit back they go on ebay. i saw the Bosal header DOWN PIPE im thinken about that too. i know its going to be difficult to find any cool mods with sticking with the stock sohc 8v 4g63 but thats part of the fun, find and doing our own thing. if anybody out there has any new ideas give me shout. thnx