The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Smog Test help

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Icon1 Smog Test help

Okay, I bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant V6 2 years ago, i got it with new tags (including smog Certificate). I did not need to get a smog check last year, but this year I do and when I went to get my car tested they said they could not pass it because I had an (INJen Cold) Air Intake which did not have the CARB exempt sticker. I did not get the stock parts when I bought the car, I thought because it had just passed it was all good, what can I do?

Tried to call the guy I bought the car off and the number is no good.

Does the dealer have the stock parts for me to order? is there some other CAI I can get that has the CARB exempt sticker? my tags are due in about a month, help please.

get it from the junkard

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    try calling Injen and talk to them about the situation. If you give them a serial number from the CAI, they may send you a CARB sticker

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    try calling Injen and talk to them about the situation. If you give them a serial number from the CAI, they may send you a CARB sticker
    best answer.

I have been checking the website and it says that the CARV EO# is "Pending"
    http://www.injen.com/docs/other/sear...elID=62&Eng=V6

Does that mean that this CAI is not legal?

I found some stock parts for a 4-cyl on ebay, would those parts fit? just to get passed the smog test?

why don't you just call them? their site may not be updated.

if in fact they do not have CARB EO#, i know AEM does (mine has the sticker).

I have emailed them, and if I don't hear anything by the end or the week I will start calling.

Where did you get your AEM from? I might have to just buy a new one, do you have the model number?

Thanks for all the help.

if it were me, i would just call them, then i would know for sure and wouldn't have to wait for them to go through their email inbox.

my AEM cold air (CAS w/ bypass) was bought and installed ~6 years... ROAD RACE ENGINEERING. i forgot the model number but it should be on AEM's site.

here's a pic for reference:

i have a complete stock air box, that ill sell you cheap, but its for a 4cyl not sure if they are the same or not

I have my stock V6 intake if you want to buy it off me. PM me if you're interested.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

I just got an email back from injen, they said it is CARB approved and I need to send in a picture showing it installed and a pic of my vin# so they can send me an new sticker. I will forever be a loyal Injen customer if they follow through.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to give me input here.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i should call them up asking for the sticker. hmmm.....