The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9g factory Infinity speaker question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

9g factory Infinity speaker question

Anybody with a 9g, preferably the 04-06 that knows if the front door speakers are full range speakers with a tweeter built in or are they just woofers? I got tweeters up on the dash. Going to be putting a new deck in car and eventually some new speakers so I'm trying to decide on weather to replace the 6x9's in the back and the front door speakers with some component speakers... and run an amp... and thereby disabling the factory tweeters on the dash.... OR just installing some nice JL Audio full range speakers in the back and front doors and keep the factory tweeters going.

Help and opinions appreciated.

Factory tweeters are on the dash. I installed some Focal speakers and mounted the tweets on the dash in the stock location.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Helotes View Post
    Factory tweeters are on the dash. I installed some Focal speakers and mounted the tweets on the dash in the stock location.
    I know the tweeters are up in the dash, but I'm wondering if the speakers in the door are just the woofers or if they are full range speakers with a tiny tweeter on them and then they just put an extra set of tweeters in the dash for some kick.

If I remember right they are just woofers.

rocgalant
    It's just a woofer with a paper cone in the door

Looks like I'm going to have to be careful about the mount depth and what not of the speakers I buy to make sure they'll fit in there.