The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Foglights wiring diagram

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

JDM Foglights wiring diagram

well folks i dont seem to find the tut on how to wire the JDM fogs using the USDM stock wiring.. sorry for the noob question

any input on this one?

thanks
    Ron
    Last edited by P'NOYcaL; 05-27-2010 at 09:07 PM

-RON

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    from what ive read in the past....old style fogs clip right in if you modify the stock fog harness;new style what I did is you can clip the bulbs from the bulb base attach spade connectors call it a day

http://www.galanttuners.com/kb.php?a=57
    ^^you can do it this way or splice it to your parking light.
    the fogs just cut the USDM harness and splice it with the jdm fogs.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

which JDM fogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    which JDM fogs?
    new style
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

the "new style" (JDM VR4/VIENTO 1998+) fog lights are fog and turning flood (not quad fog, or fog and signal, or fog and corner marker, as many people wire them as). you can wire them any way you'd like but ASTIG worked out the wiring w/ capacitors/relays for the outside pair to function as intended, as turning floods (they steadily illuminate the side you signal to so you can see into the turn). search for ASTIG's workaround.

actually here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    I have made them work, but the circuit I made is not hooked up yet. I made it over winter and tested it. works good. the outer lights only come on when the turn signal is activated. And it shuts off about half a second after the turn signal is deactivated. I will hook them up sometime this week.

this is the circuit that I made. I'll try to find the diagram. Trigger is the turn signal. the capacitors are there to hold the charge (voltage) during the off cycle of the blinker so the relay will get 12v.

here is the diagram.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    thats the thread he posted...which is way more in depth...for most those 2 pics look like electrical jargon

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    thats the thread he posted...which is way more in depth...for most those 2 pics look like electrical jargon
    haha, just caught the link. good work!