The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Couple of Questions

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Couple of Questions

hey guys,

I just bought a Galant not too long ago and after reading countless threads on here I know more or less what I want to do with this car. I was wondering if you guys could help clear up some things for me?

1. First off i wanna replace the timing belt and I wanna know if I can use this kit?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-99...Q5fAccessories

2. Second, I just installed a short air intake but I left the stock piping that connects the TB to the MAF. I wanted to install steel piping but I cant find an adapter/reducer/coupler that will fit from the back of the MAF to the piping. Anyone Know where I can find a coupler/adapter/reducer or at least the size of it?

3. and at last, I wanna install an exhaust system. Im thinking of getting this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-E...Q5fAccessories

...with a Magnaflow catalytic converter and a Magnaflow 14807 muffler. What do you guys think? Is there anything I left out or should be aware of?

Thank you for your time!

1 assuming you have a 2.4 those should work fine and depending on how long its been since you have had a belt change you might want to change the water pump on it while your there, i would also change the cam seals if there is any leaking or if you have over 150k

2 the plastic inlet is fine unless you just want some engine bling lol

and 3 totaly not my lane but if its (really) loud they will flame you lol

imo would use only OEM timing patrs and and belts for that matter...

2. i have a CAI routed underneath my car, but i also left that rubber elbow your talking bout in its place cause its more free flowing i think. You should do a full cai anyways cause of short ram makes nothin but noise....or you can cut a square in your intake box.......jk jk .....
    3 that will need some work..and for the price i would just spen alil more on some mandrel piping and have a shop do your exhaust set up

Yeah I was gonna change the water pump on it anyway. It makes a weird muffled gurgled sound when i accelerate and my coolant doesn't seem to last. I'm assuming its the water pump

Yeah basically i just want it to look nicer that the stock piping lol

I want something with a deep tone, none of that high pitched mosquito sound

TGC Regular
    You can get a pipe reducer wich is 3" on one side and 2" on the other from homedepot...