The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need tips on fixing a deep paint chip

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Need tips on fixing a deep paint chip

Hey guys, so today I go to put something in my trunk when I notice this white line right on top of my left tail light. I go to look and clean it off and I noticed its an actual deep scratch on the car. I bought this car about 3 weeks ago and I am almost certain it came like that from the dealer but I don't know what good it will be to take it to them and complain 3 weeks later. I need advice on how to fix this problem myself because I can see a little dot of corrosion on the scratch already. I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...-/150404405513 on ebay. Do you guys think this is any good? Also will those touch up pens work? Or maybe this: http://www.drcolorchip.com/ Thanks guys for any advice.

Last edited by EspoMan; 05-30-2010 at 11:20 PM
    2010 Black Galant SE.

a touch up my work but if you say you see corrosion and this is a 2010 you got 3 weeks only you better go back to the dealer and quickly.....

Quote Originally Posted by rude View Post
    a touch up my work but if you say you see corrosion and this is a 2010 you got 3 weeks only you better go back to the dealer and quickly.....
    Yeah but wont they say, "well how do we know you didn't scratch it and you want us to fix it"
    2010 Black Galant SE.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
    Yeah but wont they say, "well how do we know you didn't scratch it and you want us to fix it"
    you wont know unless you try

if theres corrosion it wont be a point of the scratch its how the hell its the corrosion on a new car...

the touch up pens work well if you do it right

Looks like it's on the edge of the body near the tail light right? I think you should take the tail light off and sand it a little bit to get the rust off, add some primer and then use the touch up paint. Should prevent it from rusting again.