The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Style JDM sides (did I install it wrong?)

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

New Style JDM sides (did I install it wrong?)

I've just finished browsing other setups here and noticed all sides skirts from the new style were installed the same but mine looks somewhat different. Here's a pic what mine looked like:

Here's what I've been seeing:

It looks like I need to trim the door tab a lot more to get it flush. I knew there was something wrong with the setup.

I have these too. Looks like you need to just push the front up and drill new holes. Or maybe yours were made wrong.

It's made from polyurathane like OEM and was shipped from a country that sells jdm galants. It's probably just my installation error.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Looks like the top edge should sit flush with the bottom of the door / top of the door sill. Then again, these parts weren't intended for the USDM G so modification is typically going to be required to some degree in most, if not all cases.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

all the JDM side skirts from the vr-4 is alittle bit shorter in length then are USDM.thats why your skirts arent fitting up in the right spot.i have the super vr-4 side skirts and noticed the same problem your having.mines is made out of fiberglass so i cut it in half,fit it the way it was supposed to go and re fiberglassed about an extra inch and merge it back together.its not an installation error.dont know what you could do with your polyurethane.?.?

hope this helps...

need to add f/g for the 2 mounting screws...

need ti fill the gap from the fender...

bottom rear where i did the cut...

bottom front where i did the cut...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

^ yeah that's definitely looks different to mine. Well, off to the cutting board...

when

lucap100is dropping knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    lucap100is dropping knowledge
    You really gotta see his car up close, from engine bay to exterior, damn car looks like it came from the factory that way. immaculate work.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    You really gotta see his car up close, from engine bay to exterior, damn car looks like it came from the factory that way. immaculate work.
    yup...i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by o1naturalhigh View Post
    yup...i agree.
    ^^i second that... he's an absolute guru when it comes to clean modifications.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Every new style JDM skirt has that lip that must be trimmed. I had to trim it and everyone else did to. Wish I still had my pics to show you.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    G-Spot I mentioned it to you before in the "Post a pic of your car..." a lil while ago because I noticed it was off too. Shouldnt be too bad to fix, Lucap100is definitely gave some great pix. I had issues with my Old Styles as well, still need to get some more work done, but dont have the money to have a body shop do it for me. Wish I had the skill to do it myself...

Lucap100is, you didnt screw or rivet anything on the top of the sideskirt to the rocker panel? Just the front and back and bottom?
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 06-01-2010 at 01:10 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You can see from the pics he didnt screw or rivet them from the top, but I bet they have a nice strip of 3M two sided tape, thats how mine are too. I dont have any screws or rivets on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

1 screw in the rear, 2 in the front and 4 in the bottom. no 3M tape or adhesive. those who bought cali's new style side skirt, it's exactly the same side skirt as far as trim, extension and cut.

btw, thanks for the compliments guys.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    You can see from the pics he didnt screw or rivet them from the top, but I bet they have a nice strip of 3M two sided tape, thats how mine are too. I dont have any screws or rivets on the top.
    It didnt look like it to me either, but didnt want to assume so I figured I'd ask.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucap100is View Post
    1 screw in the rear, 2 in the front and 4 in the bottom. no 3M tape or adhesive. those who bought cali's new style side skirt, it's exactly the same side skirt as far as trim, extension and cut.

btw, thanks for the compliments guys.

I stand corrected. No tape? it would worry me that it would lift. I guess I will find out first hand sooner or later, I have Cali's CF new style sides, still in the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS