The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tranny drain and refill question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

tranny drain and refill question

hi, im new to this particular forum..but have a question. i have an 03 gtz 3.0 lltre.....im wanting to drain and refill my transmission as ive already done a full flush a couple years back, im afraid i overfilled last time. i just need to know the capacity of just draining the pan, my haynes manual just tells me the capacity of a full flush, if anyone can tell me it'd be much appreciated or a roundabout number and i can go by the dipstick......that thing is hard to read on this car....my tundra is a much easier task.... i still love my mitsubishi

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    if you just drain from the pan and let it set for a little while, that should drain most of the fluid, then you can fill it with the like 8 quarts of fluid or whatever... I think....The reading on my dipstick was really weird though.. like surprisingly high. So actually I don't know

yeah thats what happened to me i completly flushed it out of the torque converter and everything. put what the manual said back in it and it was way high i even drained some off, still high. now 80,000 miles later and its slipping a little bit....im afraid that is the reason