The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CAUTION: Removing the engine balance shaft and belt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48
    This is why i haven't been on TGC for the last month.. So shit threads like this won't raise my blood presure. WoooSaaaaaa
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Maybe you should go see your physician, hypertension is pretty serious, wouldn't want you to have a CVA or abnormalities of your blood vessels that may have fatal results.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i don't understand why everyone is so uptight about this thread, his attitude and demeanor were pretty good. even if he's talking about completely retarded things in your opinion, he's still going about it in a normal, non troll-like way
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

my balance shaft belt get off whit the rain water, :@

and im gonna buy all the timing belt kit,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-98...Q5fAccessories

what do u think of this TIMING BELT KIT?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Quote Originally Posted by raks_22 View Post
    my balance shaft belt get off whit the rain water, :@

and im gonna buy all the timing belt kit,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-98...Q5fAccessories

what do u think of this TIMING BELT KIT?
    Looks okay to me, I have no clue if the tooth count is right but if it is go for it. did you make sure Rockautoparts or CSK don't have a cheaper price?

When i changed mine i only changed it because the balance shaft belt broke. I then found out both that and the timing belt where on the car from factory in 1994 and had about 120,000 miles on it. it didn't even look worn
    Our Rides:
    2000 Mits Eclipse GT V6 AT
    1995 Geo Metro 1.0L I3 5 speed
    1994 Mits Galant LS 4G64
    1993 Olds Cutless V6 AT

i cant search anywere because im from mexico, so i need to buy on ebay, here dont sell galant parts :S

just the belts, but not the tensors

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Everybody in here seems to make a good point me I've only been working on Mitsubishi's in particular the 2.4 for about 6 years which is how long I've had my 2002 Galant ES and yes I have suffered the belt breakage first hand. Roads were slightly wet and I mashed the gas! Hit second gear (Automatic) didn't think it was going to rev all the way up because the roads were not entirely wet but that day it felt pretty good I guess because She kept going to 6100 right before shifting (Yes, I was manually shifting it. I mean is there any other way to go if you're wanting to get down on it)that tiny little bastard of a belt flew off! and here's the thing, It didn't break the main timing belt😗!! Yeah I know right what it did do however was getting to the main belt just enough to tear a slither off and take out a $99 freaking crankshaft sensor which I had a buddy pick up at AutoZone and bring out to me on side of the road to replace which if anybody comes across that problem don't forget you have to take your whole dead gum AC unit practically off so you can run the wire back in behind it. But do I know the damage of what happens to those kind of engines when the main timing belt breaks yeah bent valves which is how I actually got the car told the guy who I was fixing it for what it would cost and told him he'd probably do better if I offered him $900 which he accepted really quickly which in hindsight I'm thinking hell I should have offered him a lot less long story short went to pick a part took a head off actually took the valves out of the head that I needed stuck them in my bag got back to the house took the bad valves out put the good ones in and bought a new head gasket was good to go fast forward remember that little belt I said had broke the rear balance shaft belt well I left it like that for about 2000 miles here's a hint don't do that the result was oil pump failure front shaft bearing completely spun out from the block and I had an extremely large knock in my engine but I kept driving slowly of course finally broke down pulled the whole front off oh forgot to mention oil light was on for quite a while and as I got everything down pulled the shafts out which as the man seen is not easy you have to drop the front of the engine and Jack the car up to give you room to slide the shafts out of the front through the bottom if you still have your engine in it it's a pain in the butt but I got them both out bought the counter shaft elimination kit which by the way if you do buy one make sure the bearing part that goes on the oil pump has the groove in it which will assist in it being lubricated better than the bearing which does not have a groove in it just a pro tip if you will anyhow oil pan full of metal shavings chunks of metal all pump housing all dug into by the oil pump gears bought new oil pump put my elimination shaft kit in which by the way getting them bearings in there ain't too fun old school way you can take the bearing and spin it to where the old gallery hole on the block in the bearing are on opposite side so the oil don't flow through it like the man was saying earlier in this post which by the way they definitely sound like they know what they're talking about when it comes to this kind of stuff so it's like this yes you do get an increase engine vibration but I tribute that to the fact that well my engine ain't exactly in the best health now since all that metals been running through stuff but guess what here we are 25,000 mi after that incident and I regularly still run it to 6,000 6,200 RPM😝PS I do run 2050 weight in it. so is it better to keep em in? If you're looking for a Cadillac ride and a super smooth engine then yes. Does it hurt the engine they're just hasn't been any evidence to show that it does. NONE mechanic 45 years ASE what's that a piece of paper don't need it. Anyhow looking to pull it out and rebuild it new Pistons board out probably end up putting a turbo on it but as of now both cats are knocked out cold air intake a little bit of head work I kind of had problems with the original head that was on it replaced it with a junkyard head YouTube areas that I should machine down for porting and ported my head somewhat just knocking off ridges humps rough spots on intake and exhaust don't do much good with regular induction but I'm sure to come in handy with the turbo I plan to put in the future all in all one solid little engine I have a truck but that car seems to fit me like a glove so I do most of my daily driving in it good luck on those I just thought I'd throw in some fresh first hand material on this subject that is as one said going on for a long time with or without shafts you decide...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123