The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guys with dual din head units

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar

Guys with dual din head units

I was wondering if any of you had pictures of how you mounted your AC controls.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

JBelowPar18
    Dang it, wish I had the time to post a tutorial for you... It's real easy if you have a dremel tool...

You have to drill 4 mounting holes and shave some of the edges off on the lower Din section of the same gray plastic piece that the radio and outer bezel mount to...

Make sure that the 4 mounting points of the AC controls line up with the holes that you drill and also make sure that it will fit into the lower din opening when you place the Bezel over it...

Next, the only way to get the AC controls to sit flush with the outer bezel is by shaving about 3/8 of an inch off of the front of the White Right and Left mounting points/holes of the AC controls... take this slow also and make sure you cut a smooth straight edge, again so it will sit flush with the holes you just drilled into the gray plastic... also, dont slip or make the mistake of shaving too much off as the white mounting points/holes of the AC Controls are attached to the main body of the AC Control Unit by only a thin piece of plastic....

Anyway, Ill post some pics for you in my garage if you want to check them out... I dont have an online photo account, so I can't post them on this thread...