The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In The Market for springs

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar

In The Market for springs

HI yall, My 2001 GTZ has around 145,000 miles on it and to my knowledge the shocks/struts have never been replaced and I am ordering a set of GR-2's. I am looking for just a slightly lower ride height that i have right now and to my understanding the GTZ's are a little lower than the other v6 trims. I was thinking about getting the Pro Kit from Eibach but i am open to suggestions.

Thanks
    John

I have Tein S-techs ... the drop is noticeable but far from low

How do you like the ride ?

I have Tein S-Techs as well, and the ride is still comfortable while improving the feel of the car.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

If I had to compare Teins with Eibachs, Eibachs will give a slightly lower'd stance than what you run currently.

ok sweet, thanks G-Spot

I went from stock to Eibach w/ gr-2, then to Teins and then Progress. Each setup shed a 1/4 inch off the height. If I had to doing over again, the Eibach setting would be ideal for autocross if you're just going for spring/strut combo.

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    How do you like the ride ?
    I have them on KYB AGX shocks. The ride is a bit harsh. I have the fronts set half way at 2 and the rears at 3. When i get the motivation to remove me rear seats I'd change the rears to 2 as well. (1 is softest 4 is stiffest)

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I went from stock to Eibach w/ gr-2, then to Teins and then Progress. Each setup shed a 1/4 inch off the height. If I had to doing over again, the Eibach setting would be ideal for autocross if you're just going for spring/strut combo.
    G-spot whats ur current suspension setup? i like how ur car sits in ur sig

According to his garage, it seems he is on Tein S-Techs. But I'm guessing the extra drop in his sig may be photoshopped, unless his Teins were cut.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    IIRC his current set-up is Progress springs (which is also what I am running). I believe his sig is photoshopped to be a little lower than normal. I am running KYB-AGX with the Progress springs and I have about a 3 finger gap.. which is about a 2.25" gap. (but also keep in mind that my front end is lightened a bit with the 5-speed swap). I'm running 215/50/R17 tires

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    IIRC his current set-up is Progress springs (which is also what I am running). I believe his sig is photoshopped to be a little lower than normal. I am running KYB-AGX with the Progress springs and I have about a 3 finger gap.. which is about a 2.25" gap. (but also keep in mind that my front end is lightened a bit with the 5-speed swap). I'm running 215/50/R17 tires
    Why did you go with 50 series over 45?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    You know, I really don't remember! haha. It's still pretty close to stock specs (205/55/R16). It's off by 2.4% by http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I think it's cause I got them for a pretty reasonable price.
    Last edited by beam514; 06-07-2010 at 12:04 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Yeah bcz 225/45/17 is the ideal setup for our cars on 17"s. Its the closest to factory specs which gives you better mpg and correct speedometer reading...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thanks guys, I am just looking for a modest change from stock, Its my Daily and with Michigan roads i don't want to be to low

blue8g
    Dude Tein S-Techs I'm from your brother to the west (lol) and I loved my S-Tech's they rode really nicely

Although for my Civic I'm going with some 10k/12k coil-overs