The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: air intake and lowering springs

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    vandolp

air intake and lowering springs

air intake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys i'm from ontario canada, aftermarket parts in ontario is very hard to find especially for galant 9g.

my concern is, short ram intake for eclipse 2006 do fit the galant 9g?

2.4l engine. the short ram is injen.....

can someone confirm this to me please thanks

*confirmed*
    anything for the eclipse engine will work on your car. intake, headers, underdrive pulley..
    exhaust is a different story. there is only one guy in ottawa who makes a direct bolt on axle back. your stock piping is big enough unless you go forced induction. all you really need to change is muffler and catalytic converter.
    .. thats more than you asked for :)

vandolp
    thanks for the info..

anyways ottawa is 7 hours drive for me. do you think that just getting the SRI and magnaflow muffler. will give my car a little boost and gas mileage?

just want to give my car a little aggresiveness on accelaration especially on traffic if you want to overtake some cars...

might as well go for a cai rather then an sri... but either way will help boost a lil, although it wont be much...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

waiiiit tho. is your engine the 2.4 or the 3.8?
    there is no cold air intake for the 2.4 (as far as i know)
    of course. if you change over to the 3.8 throttle body.. i dont see why you wouldnt be able to use the 3.8 intake.. not completely sure on that tho.
    and with the magnaflow muffler.. not a terrible choice. one of the best mass production choices. but it'll be a chambered muffler unless its one made to go right in line. the one the guy's in ottawa make is a straight thru, with very high quality stainless steel.
    and you dont have to drive there to get it. they've already made mine so they can make another to bolt right on. then just mail it to you.

he stated he had a 4 banger. We have them for both...the 4 and 6 for the longest lol

magnaflow has single and multi chambers... the racing and street series people normally get are single chambers that flow right through, only difference is the piping diameter. Everyone has different tastes on muff. best way it to check out youtube and get an idea what ur looking for, buy it online and have it welded locally or perhaps make a custom flange for direct fitment
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 06-10-2010 at 11:09 PM

alright, missed that, he did say what engine he has. and now that i think about it. fujita doesnt make a cold air intake for the 2.4
    others do. fujita is just the most economical choice for the 3.8 so thats what sticks in my mind.

anyway.. i can show you what my axle back sounds like.. but it wont help too much since its a different engine. i am trying to get a group buy set up for it. they need 5 people to commit and i think 3 are on board right now.
    they can always make one at a time, but it'll cost more.

no worries, here is my twin from NY...doesnt really log on to any of the forums anymore. got his intake a couple years back

edit... Here is a better pic... Since it came off an eclipse its slightly off. Nonetheless, it will serve its purpose off course...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 06-13-2010 at 09:54 AM

yeah your twin is on club9g. havent seen him in a while :(

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    Everyone has different tastes on muff

I hope this was intentional i really do

Everyone has different tastes on muff.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    I hope this was intentional i really do

ROFL new sig

lol

he stated he had a 4 banger. We have them for both...the 4 and 6 for the longest lol

magnaflow has single and multi chambers... the racing and street series people normally get are single chambers that flow right through, only difference is the piping diameter. Everyone has different tastes on muff. best way it to check out youtube and get an idea what ur looking for, buy it online and have it welded locally or perhaps make a custom flange for direct fitment
    That's exactly what I did. Ordered online and had a local shop weld it, but already did twice on the weld.

Quote Originally Posted by infliction View Post
    alright, missed that, he did say what engine he has. and now that i think about it. fujita doesnt make a cold air intake for the 2.4
    others do. fujita is just the most economical choice for the 3.8 so thats what sticks in my mind.

anyway.. i can show you what my axle back sounds like.. but it wont help too much since its a different engine. i am trying to get a group buy set up for it. they need 5 people to commit and i think 3 are on board right now.
    they can always make one at a time, but it'll cost more.
    Fujita does make a CAI for the 2.4, Im currently rocking theyre Wrinkle Black CAI