The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 97-01 Mirage mirrors...will fit 8G

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

97-01 Mirage mirrors...will fit 8G

Too bad the junkyard I was at wouldn't let me bring in a camera....

My everlasting quest to find parts fitting the 8g has led me to another discovery. A discovery that I've been neglecting for over 4 years from speculation with no action/proof. Well, today my speculation as finally been realised: Late model Mitsubishi Mirage (97-02) 4dr/coupe folding mirrors has better fitment than Accord CD5 mirrors! This is not much different from the Accord mirrors. For those not familar with this platform this is what it looks like:

here's what it looks when painted

The beautiful part about this mirror is that base part where it attaches to the door are made out of the same rough plastic you'd see on the 8G JDM folding mirrors. The mirrors comes in 2 forms: the 4 door and the coupe model. Both are very similar in appearance excpt the coupe's mirror base is rounded off on the top corner. Also they either come in manual or electric so if you are 'lectric savvy, you can do your own wirings .

The only real con about this is the installation where it's similar to how the CD5 mirrors are installed (see tutorial). Just drill holes and insert the scresws. Other than that, it's a near clean install to whoever wants it. The junkyard I was at sells it for $10.75 per mirror (manual version) and $21.00 each for the electric version. It's a decent price considering the strain we face in the economy. I will find a donor car who would love to get a mod like this done to their car with full pics and installs.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    is this the same years that the glass can be replaced for the jdm folding mirrors?

yeah, i knew this for years, i actually used the mirrors on my silver 8g before i switched to JDM, the glasses are interchangeable but u have to swap out the backing plates from the glass to fit the JDM mirrors

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    cool

How close are the bolts on these mirrors to the existing holes on the 8G's door? VERY interested in this for the next project...

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    How close are the bolts on these mirrors to the existing holes on the 8G's door? VERY interested in this for the next project...
    They are few mm from the holes, spaced enough to drill through

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    They are few mm from the holes, spaced enough to drill through
    That's no biggie...what about the wires? This is a Mitsu part, but I'm probably guessing the existing plugs aren't gonna work.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Power folding?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    Power folding?
    Power yeah, folding with your hands

4g64T 5spd

That's no biggie...what about the wires? This is a Mitsu part, but I'm probably guessing the existing plugs aren't gonna work.
    Just the basic cut, splice, and connect will work fine

Guess ill start looking for some mirrage mirrors here in da jy.

Just the basic cut, splice, and connect will work fine
    Thank you, sir. Also...what fits best, coupe or sedan? Sorry to be a pain, just trying to cover all the bases before I make the purchase.

-Chris-

Cool, I will look into getting some. So, the wire setup is the same (Mirage wire setup to Galant setup)? If so cool. Will you be getting a wiring diagram put together (like for the CD5 mirrors) for this part? Still great find...
    Last edited by mtgraves2005; 06-09-2011 at 08:13 PM

Thank you, sir. Also...what fits best, coupe or sedan? Sorry to be a pain, just trying to cover all the bases before I make the purchase.
    Sedan is what pictured above, the coupe looks slightly different but still the same shape.

Cool, I will look into getting some. So, the wire setup is the same (Mirage wire setup to Galant setup)? If so cool. Will you be getting a wiring diagram put together (like for the CD5 mirrors) for this part? Still great find...
    From what I remembered and from working on ADexternal's G there were 3 wires from the CD5 mirrors (ground, and 2 power wires). There should be 3 wires on the Mirage mirrors as well.

Sedan is what pictured above, the coupe looks slightly different but still the same shape.

From what I remembered and from working on ADexternal's G there were 3 wires from the CD5 mirrors (ground, and 2 power wires). There should be 3 wires on the Mirage mirrors as well.
    Cool, thanks G-spot. If you find out anymore info, let us know....