The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which Style do you like more or think flows better woth my car?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1 Black Chrome Trim

9 19.15%
  • Option 2 All Head Black Out

38 80.85%

Thread: USDM 8G Heads Retrofit !Need Opinions!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 84
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    ta bueno welcome to tha club!

en cuanto te salio hacerlo todo?
    Puerto Rico Lo Hace Mejor!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Whatever happened to the installed pix???
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

damnnn they look goood!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Cost Around $300 in parts+ miscellaneous Phillips bulbs etc.

4g64T 5spd

TGC Regular
    Nice retrofit man!!! Its nice to see that someones doing this shit right!!

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

are you planning to make and sell these, or are these the only ones youre making?

wow they turned out better than i though they would great job, though how would it look if you painted the headlight side all black instead of the reflector, and just left the turn chrome??

Looks good!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03 View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonry View Post
    are you planning to make and sell these, or are these the only ones youre making?
    Nah lol I'm no expert so I did these for me as my summer project, I do a retro again it will be in some JDM heads if I ever go JDM, just research here and at HIDplanet and you'll know

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    wow they turned out better than i though they would great job, though how would it look if you painted the headlight side all black instead of the reflector, and just left the turn chrome??
    Thanks and yeah I've thought about ripping them open and painting the rest black but i don't know
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Looks good!
    Thanks

I know everyone would have liked them much more if I had painted the trim black but I wanted to have a little chrome so they would go with my theme, maybe some day I'll paint them all black.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03 View Post
    Thats a Real compliment to u Omega, bcz its coming from a Pro! I havent seen Ericbla03 post here in a long while.

Omega IMO the heads dont need to be blacked out completely, but it would look better if you painted the chrome portions next to the grille black and leave the turn signal portions chrome.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Those look sweet!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Thats a Real compliment to u Omega, bcz its coming from a Pro! I havent seen Ericbla03 post here in a long while.

Omega IMO the heads dont need to be blacked out completely, but it would look better if you painted the chrome portions next to the grille black and leave the turn signal portions chrome.
    I know coming from ericbla it's a real compliment,

And will see since one of my shrouds came loose I need to open one of them so maybe I paint them..

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Those look sweet!
    Thanks

4g64T 5spd

So soon I'll open them again and black them out completely, but can't decide if I let the turn signal part chrome and leave it clear or put the amber reflectors back on, I don't like seeing the bulb anymore but don't know if the amber reflector back on would look good. Help me decide.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Well a little update still no pics of them installed but will take some tomorrow if I can, went driving tonight and its really awesome, its look really bright and I have a 28% tint on the windshield (I could barely see with my HID kit on reflector), I don't want to imagine without any tint or a lighter tint, the width of this projectors is amazing, I was on a 3 lane road and it was lit on, I know this can cover a 6 or 7 lane road easily but there isn't any of those over here so they are more than enough, and I was afraid of them loosing the sharp cutoff because of the headlight lenses but fortunately the cutoff stood sharp is just amazing i love my retrofit, and then the feeling that they are made and customize by me the owner.
    I cant believe no one has brought this up before and I didnt realize it till now, but you have your windsheild tinted? Seriously? Seems Dangerous, and illegal........but im no expert!

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyprouty View Post
    I cant believe no one has brought this up before and I didnt realize it till now, but you have your windsheild tinted? Seriously? Seems Dangerous, and illegal........but im no expert!
    Here in PR its ilegal if the cops measuring thingy says less than 35% all around, cops have measured me at 27% at the windows I have all around, And I'm 20 but I'm really careful when driving and always look everywhere and paying attention to the road, the tint isn't that dark to make it dangerous, but theres some people over here that get 5% all round now thats dangerous.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyprouty View Post
    Not sure, but in Puerto Rico the laws may not be as strict, I am reluctant to put tint anywhere on my car, but my kids don't like the bright sun, so I will. Just a thought, dawg.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Makes sense that it's legal but I don't think I would. But that's me. I just had to see if it was true! Good job though and the car looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today closed my heads, they are blacked out except the shrouds and turn signal section, amber reflectors were reinstalled, they look 100% better. Can't upload pics since I don't know where is the cable to transfer them
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 06-06-2011 at 07:04 PM

4g64T 5spd

Your cut off and rotation are like perfect. Makes me wish I went mh1 instead id the md2s which are two dark spots and the driver side rotation is off.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast