The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need TGC advice

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Need TGC advice

Im replacing my stock speakers, nothing real special, though I do want a great bang for the buck.
    MB Quart deal
    This looks like a great deal and want to know if you all agree. Im running a 4x50 head unit (will be replaced soon) along with a 'budget' sub and 300 watt amp. Im starting to put quality but well priced pieces together on my G. It will be with to as long as it runs and its paid for so Im happy to treat it well
    Thanks for the input!

Sphinx

PS Shooooot! I didnt check depth on the 6x9 and cant find it. If any of yall can help let me know.
    Last edited by Sphinx; 06-08-2010 at 01:25 AM
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

if you are just going to run them passive off or the radio they should be just fine. it didnt give any info about the tweeter which leads me to believe its a hard dome ,which (could) sound like the little 5 dollar pairs. i give it a 5 out of 10 due to the low rms and tweeters .

For the problem with speakers too deep, you have to remove the torsion bar and install trunk shocks like me or else your torson bar will be hitting the speakers everytime you open the trunk

What is your budget?

Do you prefer sound quality or dB (decibels)?

I found some more info on those, it's a 3/4" titanium tweet with a passive crossover. They are made in China.
    Budget for both front and rear is ~$200-$300. I do plan on running them straight from the head unit. Ill be replacing that too.
    I prefer sound quality, I have a 4 y/o and one in the oven so loud isn't practical LOL

Sphinx
    Last edited by Sphinx; 06-08-2010 at 09:00 PM
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

I've turned my attention more onto Boston Acoustics. I would like the Pro series due to the great feedback from our members here but am curious what the next step down on their line sounds like.

If it close but not the same refinement Im OK with that. If its night and day difference then I would like to know.

Ive bumped my budget up to $300 give-or-take. I will be doing front components and rear 6x9. Those will be pushed by the deck and will have an amp added later. I do have a simple sub w/ amp in the trunk to round things out for now. That also will be upgraded as time passes along with the head unit.

For the components: Boston Acoustics SC60 65 watts (RMS)Power 180 Watts (Peak)
    For the rear 6x9: Boston Acoustics S953 60W RMS/160W PEAK

How am I doing? Other lines I should be considering?

Sphinx

Bump

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    eclipse car audio department is closing (if it hasn't already). u can find them speakers for fairly cheap nowadays

Wow! Eclipse is going down? Brutal!

if i were you i would go to a car audio place or some where that has a demo room and just listen to some sets to see what kind of sound you like then buy them on ebay. that way you have a idea of how they sound TO YOU im like 10% deaf so i know we have a different ear and taste for music lol

If you are okay with checking out other lines I suggest my friends at Elemental Designs. There e3.65i are solid componet speakers and they can make a custom bracket for the 6x9 opening for you...

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...products_id=49

Give them a call and ask for Alex and tell him Jason Nickel sent you... see if you qualify for a forum discount too... he will take care of you...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Great! This is why I love The Galant Center!