The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Timing issue??

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    chris03

Timing issue??

i have a 1993 galant, i recently replaced the water pump and when i put the timing belt back on mt car did not want to start. i looked threw my book and put all the sprockets at the correct marks an made sure everything was lined up. But my car still will not start. Anyone have any ideas that could help me out?

does it turn over? is there fuel?

chris03
    yes it turns over everytime. my friend said something about checking the crankshaft position sensor but i dont think there is one on my car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Crankshaft position sensor is built into the Cam Angle Sensor on the head.

Really, all you can do is redo the timing, something is off. Make sure you have the motor at TDC before you start lining up marks.
    7g for life!

Is this a VR4 or normal 6g. If its regular 6g it has distributor. The distributor has the cam and crank sensors in it. Check if you get spark and fuel.

BTW, lining up the marks doesnt work. You need to lock the rear balance shaft in place and then line every mark.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

chris03
    its just the normal 6g and i have tried locking the rear balance shaft by taking off the plug an using a screw driver til it goes in all the way. i still get nothing. the fuel pump works, the filter was replaced about a month ago, i got the distributor about a month ago as well. im gonna check the spark when it drys up a little more outside. but other then that i believe i have done everything correctly and i just cant seem to figure out why it doesnt want to start.

redo the timing. i had similiar issues

chris03
    I have done the timing about 15 times. I double checked everything each time an still get nothing. I got this thought this morning about adjusting the distributor. Would anyone know if that would be the issue on why my car will not fully turn on?