The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lug tourque specs and air pressure...?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Tiller

Lug tourque specs and air pressure...?

I never had 18's before, so can anyone give me some feedback on the air pressure to run in a 225/40...?

Also, does anyone know what the tourque spec is for tightening your lugs...?

Should still be the same 30 to 35 psi and 75 to 80ftlbs of torque on the lug nuts.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Manâ„¢
    Search the boards first please!

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>Should still be the same 30 to 35 psi and 75 to 80ftlbs of torque on the lug nuts.

Wes</div>

that seems awfully low for air pressure... I was thinking it should be like 42-44psi...?

Dunno my nittos are rated at 35 psi. I could be wrong though.

Wes
    The Manâ„¢

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dunno my nittos are rated at 35 psi. I could be wrong though. Â*

Wes</div>

for a 225/40...? dang... my S03's are rated up to 51psi...

Nick VR4
    My Yoko's 255/50 are 32 front 28 back

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>My Yoko's 255/50 are 32 front 28 back</div>

you got a 255...? damn... that's wide...

32 & 28...? is that measured as PSI...?

Tiller
    just talked to Dazz MS, and they told me 32 would be perfect... thanks for the input guys...:thumbsup:

Kingman
    I run 40psi, my v6 seemed to be to heavy to run lower pressure. I have 22/40's

Torques specs are 90 pounds. You can go higher but you stand a chance of warping rotors. I have not had a problem with loosening at 90

I was pretty sure the spec was 80ftlbs on the lugs. They don't have to be super tight. I run mine at 78 and don't have any problems at all.
    The Manâ„¢

wheelsboutique
    air pressure for your car should be 38-40 lbs thats more than enough to give you a good ride and even tire wear. 35 is al ittle to low you might damage your tire if you hit a bump, not enough cushion.(youll pinch the tire and youll get a nipple on it not good)

Tiller
    i tourqued the wheels down to about 80ft/lbs, and am running 38psi all around...

Nick VR4
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>My Yoko's 255/50 are 32 front 28 back</div>

you got a 255...? damn... that's wide...

32 & 28...? is that measured as PSI...?</div>

Opps sorry 225
    but yes in PSI
    I drove 250 miles yesterday and very smooth ride