The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTZ Springs Vs. ES/LS V6 Springs comparison (with pics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Vibe was ridiculous

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

^ Was probably your CV's

I replaced EVERYTHING during install

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

look up Dominicano's car, he is sitting on eibach prokit but he is a v6...

You guys gotta remember when they list the drop for a car, its based off the eclipse, not the Galant, 1.7 drop on the galant using Eclipse springs gives you more like 2.2...

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    This is Cody's (blue8g) old 8G I4, on Tein S-Techs and GR-2 Struts, And some of the meanest wheels to ever be used on a 8G IMO.
    Good gawd I miss that setup.

mtgraves2010
    The difference won't be much. It is alot easier to find Tein S-techs than it is Eibach.

Tein lowers F: 1.7 R: 1.3
    Eibach lowers F: 1.6 R: 1.4
    I also saw these Eibach springs for the G (6028.140) that I might also check out.

http://autoplicity.com/products/1447...gn=GSNOFITMENT

Its a mild drop from what its stating (1.2F, 1.0R) that I will maybe check out. I still have the Eibach (6035.140#- 1.6f, 1.4r) in mind as well. Reelax also mentioned both of these Eibach springs should fit our G's. I will check out the (6028.140 - 1.2F, 1.0R) on with my GR2 possibly 1st to see how the mild drop looks. Down the road, if I do decide to go lower, my definite options are (1) is getting the Teins with the AGX setup, or (2) go coilovers and get the TEINS BASICS (2000 Eclipse, Part# DSR70-LUSS2) for my ride. I do though like the idea with the TEINS BASIC as I can adjust my ride on how I want it and the setup would last longer than springs/strut combo.
    Last edited by mtgraves2010; 01-06-2012 at 07:28 PM

But for the v6 isn't anything more then a 2" drop what causes the vibe?

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

What do you call "vibe"? Vibration? My eclipse s-techs lowered the front a lot more than watemups, never realized the difference was so big. Going too low on oem style struts will never be optimal and going to kill the struts sooner or later anyway, with that said my agx/tein setup was great to me. But imho the s-tech rears are too soft for their drop. The gtz springs are good for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    What do you call "vibe"? Vibration? My eclipse s-techs lowered the front a lot more than watemups, never realized the difference was so big. Going too low on oem style struts will never be optimal and going to kill the struts sooner or later anyway, with that said my agx/tein setup was great to me. But imho the s-tech rears are too soft for their drop. The gtz springs are good for what they are.
    Greg (wetamup) is not lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    But for the v6 isn't anything more then a 2" drop what causes the vibe?
    With my car, It happened as soon as I installed the S-Techs. Somewhere on this forum I saw that it is possible that your axles are already worn with the stock height, and when you lower it you change the angle of the axle and causes the vibration. I replaced my axles and the vibration was gone.

BTw, my vibration started as soon as 2nd gear hit and I would notice it from 25 mph to 40.

Exactly. But I changed everything n still vibed I did the axle mod n still vibed. I'm happy with the way my car is now. If anything I'll invest in some BCs.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Greg (wetamup) is not lowered.
    That explains it, my bad.

^ No worries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12