The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: so much great 411, but still need help with tire rub

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    everbeentoarack?

so much great 411, but still need help with tire rub

In 04 I stepped away from the 99 special edition eclipse and into the 03 Galant es 4 banger. I immediately noticed the wheel similarity and before I got rid of the eclipse the stock 17"s were sitting on my 8G. 215/55 all around and never had a problem long as the trunk wasn't loaded. Since I had the recalled rims and they bent to crap after an excursion with parking lot speed bumps I slapped on a set of Motegi 17's, still runnnin 215/55's. I just went out yesterday and scored a pretty sweet deal on some Yoko's, same size, but am leaving the tire shop with TEMPORARY wheel spacers :(
    The bottom of the insulator (coil spring) up front bascially sits in the tire. Now im used to not have MUCH clearance, but never had it rub the tire before. I have no drop, though i am looking forward to getting RID of that nasty empty space up front someday. Is my suspension just worn? I see folks with WAY more wheel and tire under there than I and NO problems with rubbing. Please help.... I have been here for the last 2 hours trying to find a thread so I apologize if i missed it somewhere. Also thank you very much for the glove box fit, i thought for sure i was just doomed to deal with it for life!! Thanks much in advance!

215/55/17 might be a little too tall, and depending on the offset of the Motegi's that could be causing the rubbing. Whats the offset on the Motegis?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

215/55 is too tall you should run 215/50-17 or 225/45-17

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=18010

Temporary wheel spacers? Sounds like bought rims with a bad offset for our cars and have tires that are too big.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Temporary wheel spacers? Sounds like bought rims with a bad offset for our cars and have tires that are too big.
    That's what I did I think. What's the easiest way to get a bit of camber so the tops of my tires tilt in a but under the fenders? I'm gonna roll those too, but I don't think that alone will be quite enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    So I assume you're bisexual then? you look like vin diesel..so you must like the cock
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Lol, are you hitting on me?