The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64t evo ecu auto tranny

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

4g64t evo ecu auto tranny

My question at the moment is if i decide to build my 2000 galant with the 4g64 block with the stock head(some upgrades of course), and then replace the ecu(because mine is not programmable) with an evo ecu, will i be able to keep the auto tranny(only for a little bit while i save more money) without having issues because i no longer have the stock ecu? Ive done an enourmous amount of research thus far(still not done), and have decided that the best option for me and my 8 G considering money the the actual need for horsepower(daily driver) is to build the block and head, add a turbo and a 5 speed tranny, with an evo ecu. Any other suggestions or concerns are also welcome at his time. By the way, will post a pic soon.

You will still need your stock ecu and evo ecu to run boost and auto. You can buy a boomslang harness for like $350 that runs the correct pins on both ecus so that you can tune and your car still works. Then when you go 5spd you either have to rewire to delete auto ecu or buy another boomslang harness for 300.

I almost went turbo with auto, but I decided to go 5spd first. I just need a few more parts for both projects and they will be underway.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i agree it is much easier for a 5 speed g, the auto has been done and works, and honestly, dont run a a stock SOHC head get an evo head or something as the sohc chokes up top where the turbo is trying to make its power
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I would love to do the DOHC swap, but doing that as well sounds like a giant money sucker that i probably couldnt afford for a while. Im trying to get my G back on the rode after a stupid busted timing belt, with some extra ponies.(Ok, maybe a little bit more than some.) What i was thinking, and forgot to mention earlier, was that i was going to also replace the IM and TB with the 03 Oulanders. That should solve the bottle neck right? Im not trying to build a horsepower monster, as you can see from my avatar i am a pizza delivery guy, and i need it to be somewhat economical. Not to mention i love the idea of a turbo. If i did the DOHC swap i could do it one of two ways. I could build it for high compression and leave it N/A using all Evo parts, and pay out the ass for it. Or i could use the Optima head, have a lower compression, and turbo it, and yet again pay out the ass for it. Every direction i look im going to pay out the ass for, but i think keeping it a SOHC will get me where i want to be with the least amount of ass payage. Im guessing that will run me no more than $3500 total. Unless you guys know someone that can get the parts for dirt cheap. *WINK**WINK*

"Then when you go 5spd you either have to rewire to delete auto ecu or buy another boomslang harness for 300."

If i leave it auto, and get the boomslang harness, when i do go 5 speed all i have to do is rewire it? How hard can that really be if you have the right diagrams.

And how do i get permission to upload a photo for my signature. Im gonna be here a while.

Nevermind, figured it out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    there is a thread on club3g someone just made with the diagram to run both ECU's
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS