The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8th gen intake installed

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

8th gen intake installed

i just installed my first performance part on my 03 galant, and i must say that the sound of my engine is amazing. it sounds like if i had a full cat back sytem. i have noticed slow acceleration on a dead stop but much better as i increase in speed. i also noticed my top speed has gone from 115 to 110mph. please go ahead and comment or ask any questions redarding this post. thanks, every1.

Quote Originally Posted by txreaper View Post
    i just installed my first performance part on my 03 galant, and i must say that the sound of my engine is amazing. it sounds like if i had a full cat back sytem. i have noticed slow acceleration on a dead stop but much better as i increase in speed. i also noticed my top speed has gone from 115 to 110mph. please go ahead and comment or ask any questions redarding this post. thanks, every1.
    haha top speed... glad you like your first performance mod. If you like that difference, why stop =)

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yup! I did the same thing this weekend, k&n Typhoon. Sounds much better and improved how quickly the motor spins up. Not much for speed but I wasnt expecting any LOL. Lets see what happens after I put on the V6 TB and coolant bypass... and the springs, shocks/struts, STB, drilled/slotted brakes, ceramic pads and shoes, brake fluid replaced, plugs, maybe wires.
    In any case even if we are chunky slow boats its still fun to improve your G!

S
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

I swear, at certain throttle pressures with my intake, it sounds like my G is boosted!

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    I have a BOV sound when I shift from first to second when I push her hard.. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Ive never enjoyed such a simple/basic car before. The 8g Galants are deffinately the best looking if I do say so myself. I have just a few more things to do until Im finished with her. The K&N even impressed my girl and cant wait for her to drive it after everything else.
    It'll will be paid off very soon and I cant wait for it to start flinging nickles, dimes, and quarters in my face!
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

your right about the engine almost sounding like its boosted, every1 else has noticed da difference in acceleration between 30 and 60 mph. ive also asked ppl wat they think if i shud trade in my ride for a newer model, and every1 says that my ride is much sportier looking and shud continue with further modifications,

I never noticed any "real" difference with any of my previous bolt-ons. Just more noise. It wasn't until going 5-speed when I actually felt something worthwhile.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    i noticed a difference in gas mileage its gotten better
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

intake

man i remeber putting on my cold air intake..now im boosted doin a dohc swap....it really sucks you in. you think its just gonna be the doin the intake next thing you know you just bought a set of turbo headers then seeing them sit there you buy the rest of the kit....and its all downhill from there sigh.(throws empty wallet) damn car.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure