The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EcuFlash ?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

EcuFlash ?

ive been goin thru quite of couple of theads regarding programming our 8g ECU with it. is this possible on an N/A 4G64 ? Ive tried looking for other programmers n all ive ever found is da jet chip upgrade which i was reccommended not to do if i plan on goin turbo. So will this EcuFlash work or wat, get ay me any1

I think you need a piggy back system and even then it doesn't improve much. Maybe throttle response and so forth.
    What, if any mods do you have. They might make a small improvement but from what Ive read an upgraded ECU will only impress you if you're boosted or maybe V6.
    $0.02

S
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

Check out *this* thread over at galant tuners.
    Hope that helps!
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

Experienced TGC Member
    For a stock engine, the EcuFlash will yield little to no improvements. When you ad an intake and exhaust (especially with header/s) tuning with EcuFlash will result in minimal improvements. It is suggested to tune for these changes, and if you, or the tuner knows how to tune things properly they can give the engine a really ood tune for daily driving, AutoX/Road Course racing, or just a simple dyno queen that makes the highest Hp/Tq possible for the given modifications.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

If you ever tune your ecu, you should only use Ecuflash or a stand alone engine management system. Piggybacks are so 1990s. There are way better options now.

i really appreciate all suggestions, so far all ive done is a spectre sr intake and im about to install exhaust system tomorow. so, after that ima get my car dynoed n have it posted so every1 can see. they also told me(da pple who will dyno my ride) that if i have da software to tune my ecu they wud b able to do that for me. they mostly focus on domestic vehicles, lol. so then a stand alone huh, doesnt Apexi make them, i believe its da FC, correct me if im wrong, if not, will that cut it ?

Quote Originally Posted by txreaper View Post
    i really appreciate all suggestions, so far all ive done is a spectre sr intake and im about to install exhaust system tomorow. so, after that ima get my car dynoed n have it posted so every1 can see. they also told me(da pple who will dyno my ride) that if i have da software to tune my ecu they wud b able to do that for me. they mostly focus on domestic vehicles, lol. so then a stand alone huh, doesnt Apexi make them, i believe its da FC, correct me if im wrong, if not, will that cut it ?
    intake and exhaust will not be enough to warrant any tuning let alone a stand alone. unless you are planning on doing a fully built NA or FI/nitrous engine. you might want to get further into actually power modding before you worry about engine management, otherwise you are going about it backwards in your research.

I will save you ther trouble and money of dynoing. An intake + headers + exhaust = ~103 WHP. I think thats what krispy03 dyno'd at.

And please stop typing lyke dis. Das not kool.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    I will save you ther trouble and money of dynoing. An intake + headers + exhaust = ~103 WHP. I think thats what krispy03 dyno'd at.

And please stop typing lyke dis. Das not kool.
    lol yeah das not kool homie.