The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: performance mods on a budget

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

performance mods on a budget

So ive got my stock 4g64 in my 03 galant, and id like to get a little more out of it. What are some low budget things I can do to get some more power? And what are the good brands to use? I was thinking a cold air kit would be nice but im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    So ive got my stock 4g64 in my 03 galant, and id like to get a little more out of it. What are some low budget things I can do to get some more power? And what are the good brands to use? I was thinking a cold air kit would be nice but im not sure.
    You really can't do anything for any noticeable gains for cheap. The most you'll get without swapping to a manual or going forced induction is most likely under 10hp to the wheels. This topic has been covered a bunch of times already as well.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

ill say just get intake headers and exhaust system,,,no big power gain but there is something

8th and 9th gen galants

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    if your on a budget for performance your better off buying nice wheels and spending the rest at tooties lol

blue8g
    No such thing as cheap performance

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    No such thing as cheap performance
    Not true. You could buy racing stickers, neon lights, or some blue shits yo. Autozone and Advance autoparts have a full line of cheap performance

well thanks for the help, im trying to stay away from the autozone look though. I figured the exhaust is something i would do anyway, whats a good one out there?

I would recommend magnaflow. I have a full 3 inch exhaust, magna flow high flow cat and high flow muffler. Sounds absolutely sick. some other good brands megan racing, and greddy iv never really heard to many others. Please no cans....... lol.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

Where is the best place to find it? is it a kit or sold as different parts?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    You can find a Cat-back exhaust on ebay thats where i got mine from & it sounds nice not raspy @ all & if you want a Hi-flow Cat u can find magnaflow ones on ebay as well also where i got mine from
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT