The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tar Remover

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Tar Remover

Last night I went through a construction zone somewhere and don't how got tar on the bottom of the doors and fenders. It's a well know fact that tar can cause huge amounts of damage to a car paint and very tough to remove. I have been reading a couple of threads and watching videos, but still confused. So far I have found 'Meguiars Gold Class bug & tar remover' at AutoGeek through http://www.dealrocker.com discount deal. If someone has any better recommendation, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

ive always just put a little gas on a rag and wiped it right off (of course wash it after all the tar is gone)

Ive used WD40 and like littlerick mentioned, clean thoroughly with mild soap and water after the tar is removed.
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

^ all the above are good methods but don't try this on direct sunlight, some of those solvents leave streak marks, it's easier to remove tar solutions from a shaded area.

ZIPPO lighter fluid, helps remove sticky adhesive stuff.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    any brand of bug and tar remover seems to work for me. I've also used WD-40 to get off some old glue residue from the rear emblems, which also worked well. Like everyone is saying that, wash it right after.

I also use WD40. Removes bugs and tar easily.
    Love,
    Matt

ISMASG90
    Gasoline + rag = Solved

murkk
    i got a similar issue, i parked under a tree this summer and got tar all over the whip. i tried some tar and bug removers but they haven't helped.

even if is been months...would wd40 or gasoline still work?

Try the gasoline, but under the stain you're going to have some paint fading if it's been awhile. Also, soak the tar with gasoline for a little bit (few seconds) and then try.

murkk
    I'll try that right in the car wash parking lot, cause if she goes south ill be able to wash that off right away! Lol

mj23mgomez
    WD40 let it do its work...

murkk
    Would the WD40 fuck up the paint?

mj23mgomez
    not if you clean it right off

murkk
    I'm gonna try that WD40 before the gasoline, thanks for your help peoples!

mj23mgomez
    the gasoline is a lil risky n sticky ...