The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Too much oil now wont start, Help!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Too much oil now wont start, Help!

So we seafoamed rizzzos car today and upon doing so it threw an oil indicator light, so naturally we added a splash of oil. We got probably 1/4 of a mile when the car lost all its power and slowly died out. There were no loud noises or anything that stood out. It turns over and still has some compression(havent tested it yet). We replaced the plugs and plug wires because the plugs were decently covered in oil.

We are awaiting a compression test see if we took out the headgasket, but any suggestions/ help would be appreciated!

change the oil again, and make sure it only has 4 - 4.5 quarts.

Then, never seafoam the car, ever, again.

you may just dissolved the piston rings how many miles that car had

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    I'm sorry to be off-topic;

but my god! I can't even understand half of your posts!

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    The piston rings are metal, if you poured something strong enough to dissolve the piston rings, you would have more problems than destroying your car's engine, personal problems.

Were thinking she hyrdolocked and kissed valves. compression was 0. 120. 0. 150.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    2 cylinders have 0 compression?? hot damn..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Wouldnt be a headgasket with 0 compression on opposite cylinders. Smells like bent valves. But compression on 2/4 are pretty low too.

I am not sure if it is possible to hydrolock the crank case from too much oil on the motors, but usually too much oil causes lower oil pressure. Could have damaged the piston rings due to lack of lubrication.

Pull the head and find out for sure. 0 compression on any cylinder will require a rebuild of some sorts.
    Last edited by seth98esT; 06-16-2010 at 11:11 PM
    7g for life!

yeah the pistons and valves had a good fight, rebuild as of now is prob not option 1.

a complete part out will be up soon, next project i guess, looking at a eagle summit hatch/colt. 4g61.

anyone need interior/ exterior/ 5speed/ egr visor/ stock grill/ zenkei areo grille (usdm cut out painted black) anything! lmk.

That sucks, you barely got to enjoy it Keith.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

dude im sorry to hear that, that really sucks, if that wouldnt have happened you woulda been at my house helping me with the 5 speed. that really stinks how things can change so fast.
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

I would try and salvage it and drop a new motor in it IMO. It wont be that expensive if you drop it in yourself. I've been down that road.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I would try and salvage it and drop a new motor in it IMO. It wont be that expensive if you drop it in yourself. I've been down that road.
    This. even though I love Hondas a wee bit more, I say 8g's make fun project cars, I know I'll have another one in the future

http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.c...ey=&userPage=2
    All the way down with 125k in Green bay for $490. While its out of the car replace the timing belt, tensioners, accessory belts, balance shaft belt, etc. Replace the plugs, VC gasket, tube seals, wires, coils, shit if you are doubting it, compression check it to make sure the rings and HG are intact, if you want to get real extensive you can pop the oilpan off and check to make sure the bearings aren't spun. after all that work you will have a pretty good probably close to new condition motor. IDK, this is just what I would do, but then again, I've been through hell and back with the Galant and I could never ever let it go without a fight.

i feel more or less it was for reason, and i have always wanted a mirage or colt project. i wanna do a bit or both :P that 4g64 is such a nice price. i can have a colt shell like that a friend has one at his yard. i wanna do a 4g64 n/a build in a mirage or colt. so no worries
    :) ill be on here. same stuff i was gonna do to g, will be in the car that weighs 2056 lbs stock. it will be fun

and ill come to meets in it if thats okay??

i still have thinking to do of options, i kinda wanna 7g lol mitch wants me to get one to so he isnt the only 7g wi person. who knows ill see what comes around.

and yeah, i barely got to enjoy so it prob effects my decision. but no matter what ill be in a mitsu / dsm. and be active on this forum

or a low boost super light 4g93 mirage :) (the 1.8) it was the project i wanted before i bought the g kinda on a whim. they dohc swap from an evo just like ours, i wanna see how much 8g stuff i can do to that. outlander intake manifold and v6 tb

ill make a build thread for the next mitsu though, even though i never even got to start one for the g :/

Current engine could still be salvagable, wont know until the heads are pulled apart