The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A bit of dohc swap info

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

A bit of dohc swap info

Ive been browsing around lots of different forums club3g evom tgc to name a few they have some good information on this swap if you just look around for it but there a few things i wanted to put plain and simple. I'm currently engaged in the dohc swap using the g4js sonata head from a 99 sonata. since my galants not my dd i already have my head and intake manifold off and have tried fitment on a number of things. First the head gasket from the 4g64 is identical to the g4js head so bolt on wise the head will bolt on perfectly fine second the 4g64 throttle body while it is smaller then the g4js will fit the new intake and more convienent same throttle cable tps ect. it will work until i get my hands on a v6 tb. now for a few diffences or easily overlooked items first up the injectors/fuel rail are very different theres not really any way i can think of to make the 4g64 setup work so make sure you get them with your setup. and the crossover tube for coolant the 4g64 tube turns upwards at the end to conntect to the thermostat housing. you will have to remove all of that and hookup the ones from the new head. for now this is all i can really say without putting in the head and trying things out myself but hopefully ill have a bit more info on any issues with the swap to give everyone. the new headgasket should be here within the week! If this info has been posted anywhere else I couldnt find it so im sorry if im posting it again but I personally like things plain and simple this works that wont and i hope someone else out there does too and this info helps them. If you have any questions about the swap the head or anything in genral you can just post a reply or something ill be checking this post for a while so cya everyone at tgc night!
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Intake ports

forgot to mention though this swap looks to be very promising to us FI people the ports for the dohc are much bigger and supposedly the g4js head lowers our compression to 8.5
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

we know

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

this info has been posted for sure on club3g w/ a complete parts list as well as on here w/ com ratios and also lists all the info if you use the evo head